Apple Time Capsule

PandaDroid

Is anybody using Apple's Time Capsule as a wifi router ? Does its wifi connection perform well ?

4 minutes ago, PandaDroid said:

Is anybody using Apple's Time Capsule as a wifi router ? Does its wifi connection perform well ?

Not bad.  I've had mine for a while since the AC standard came out a few years back.  On wifi I can get 100-120 megabits down consistently on a 300 Megabit connection.  My place is small though so I'm not so sure about distance. 

Wired it will do the full 300 over LAN.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Not bad.  I've had mine for a while since the AC standard came out a few years back.  On wifi I can get 100-120 megabits down consistently on a 300 Megabit connection.  My place is small though so I'm not so sure about distance. 

Wired it will do the full 300 over LAN.

The speed is not a big problem, since i will only use like 3 phones on the wifi connection, but the coverage, and the connection stability. I have an Edimax Br-642nC now, and since its warranty expired, I'm having internet stability issues like 3 times a day. it's really annoying.

Just now, PandaDroid said:

The speed is not a big problem, since i will only use like 3 phones on the wifi connection, but the coverage, and the connection stability. I have an Edimax Br-642nC now, and since its warranty expired, I'm having internet stability issues like 3 times a day. it's really annoying.

Stability has been very good.  My service is Timewarner/Spectrum with their modem in bridge mode.  3 computers, 3 smart phones and an LG smart tv with 4k streaming and it keeps up fine.  Since moving here 2 years ago I have had to reset the Time Machine 3 times maybe?  Pretty good.

5 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Stability has been very good.  My service is Timewarner/Spectrum with their modem in bridge mode.  3 computers, 3 smart phones and an LG smart tv with 4k streaming and it keeps up fine.  Since moving here 2 years ago I have had to reset the Time Machine 3 times maybe?  Pretty good.

So, do you recommend switching to it  ?

For $200 it's not bad, but if you have no Apple computers you might not be using all of it's features.  That's my only concern.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

For $200 it's not bad, but if you have no Apple computers you might not be using all of it's features.  That's my only concern.

I have a macbook pro, so i would need it to do time machine backups.