How much would I benefit from adding 2 more case fans?

XxKINGxX40

Lately I've been itching to add 2 140mm fans at the top. Currently have a 200mm in the front, and the 2 140mm for the Noctua NH-D15. Would the 2 fans at the top make any kind of impact?

Currently already have positive air pressure.

QC2mlSf.jpg

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

That would probably not do much, you can try removing the side panel and testing the temps to see if more ventilation might help with your temps.

not much if at all. the main difference would be a negative air pressure, which is not ideal

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

it would do something... i have 5 fans in my case, and the ones at the top do exhaust some heat.

i don't know if it's worth the extra cash though.

i did it because they are rgb fans and now i have lights at the top as well. and, i can run all of my fans at lower rpm's because of the better airflow.

but if you are already satisfied with the temps and noise of your system i wouldn't invest in it.

She/Her

It depends upon the fan configuration, intake fans=positive air pressure, exhaust fans= negative air pressure. Its always good to have balanced airflow through out the case (a combination of positive and negative air pressure). Adding more fans would essentially, add to the noise levels, improve airflow in the case=reduced temperatures from components such as the CPU and GPU (only by a couple of degrees) and the money factor of how much you want to spend (depends on the brand of the fans).

I guess it would be better to put one fan in front of CPU cooler and other one between radiator towers.

I can't tell if you don't tell what temps are now.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I can't tell if you don't tell what temps are now.

While gaming, CPU usually hovers around 65c and GPU, if the game is really demanding, around 78-80c

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

32 minutes ago, XxKINGxX40 said:

While gaming, CPU usually hovers around 65c and GPU, if the game is really demanding, around 78-80c

You can't get lower with air. So nope.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv