Activating windows after formating

Hey,

I just wanted to know if I will format my hdd and then install windows .How will I activate it given I have no key or serial, The copy I got with my laptop.

I wouldn't do it, to be honest. I know that doesn't help you, but, yeah...

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

4 minutes ago, Abhishek sharma said:

Hey,

I just wanted to know if I will format my hdd and then install windows .How will I activate it given I have no key or serial, The copy I got with my laptop.

if its win10 you dont need anything it will be activated anyway

1 minute ago, Darel321 said:

if its win10 you dont need anything it will be activated anyway

Yeah, it's win 10. Also where to download the OS after format.

Just now, Abhishek sharma said:

Yeah, it's win 10. Also where to download the OS.

download it from microsoft, or anywhere you find it rly.. its just an iso image, just don't go on some sketchy site, google is you friend you know.. search for win10 download and you'll see the first find is from microsoft ;)

The Microsoft site will probably tell you to download a utility.

That's fine, just don't forget to set it to make a bootable USB.

It will download the .iso for you (or at least it did when I used it several times).

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

During the setup process of windows, you can hit "I dont have a product key", this is the unactivated version of windows, but you can activate windows on the unactivated version.

17 minutes ago, Abhishek sharma said:

Yeah, it's win 10. Also where to download the OS after format.

Microsoft's website has the windows 10 download, save it onto a USB with at least 4-8GB of space.

Hey, But I don't have any linked account of Microsoft with Windows linked together. Should I link one?