PC suddenly performs poorly

So I need you guys´ help!

Since about a week, my PC has had immens issues running games and is generally performing worse than usual.

PUBG for example normally runs at around 100-140 fps at 2560x1080p, Paladins at 150fps.

Now PUBG runs below 70fps, sometimes going as low as 20fps. Same in Paladins and other games that usually run just fine.

I´v since ran 3D mark, with a score of 6900ish points, which to me seemed normal.

Temps are also not bad, both CPU and GPU are most of the time hovering around 60-70 degrees clecius (140-158 fahrenheit for you americans)

A scan with malwarebytes also didn´t show anything suspicious, the workload on my CPU is also kind normal.

Before this happened, I´ve updated windows and my grpahics drivers, but just yesterday I reinstalled my old gfx drivers, just to make sure.

Nothing has improved,sadly.

Maybe some of you also have/have had this problem, any help is deeply apprechiated :)

Are you running these games through steam? i saw a similar post earlier and it revealed alot of people were having the same issues with steam at the moment.

someone made a reply to his post saying he found people on steam are having same issues. not sure if it was resolved, so not sure if it'll help

35 minutes ago, Thomas | Omega said:

So I need you guys´ help!

Since about a week, my PC has had immens issues running games and is generally performing worse than usual.

PUBG for example normally runs at around 100-140 fps at 2560x1080p, Paladins at 150fps.

Now PUBG runs below 70fps, sometimes going as low as 20fps. Same in Paladins and other games that usually run just fine.

I´v since ran 3D mark, with a score of 6900ish points, which to me seemed normal.

Temps are also not bad, both CPU and GPU are most of the time hovering around 60-70 degrees clecius (140-158 fahrenheit for you americans)

A scan with malwarebytes also didn´t show anything suspicious, the workload on my CPU is also kind normal.

Before this happened, I´ve updated windows and my grpahics drivers, but just yesterday I reinstalled my old gfx drivers, just to make sure.

Nothing has improved,sadly.

Maybe some of you also have/have had this problem, any help is deeply apprechiated :)

check task manager to see if there are any hidden processes running taking up system resources 

So I´ve made some testing and found out some wuite interesting things in the progress.

I ran GTA, which is one of my few NON-steam-based games, and it ran perfectly fine.

Now I´m kinda convinced that it´s the issue mentioned by Trulop, regarding steam.

I´m also installing Paladins independendly from steam (is that gramatically correct?), to see what kind of a difference that makes.

Hoping for Valve (and Lord Gaben) to soon fix this, because holidays are coming up for me!