I need some help

ThomasBoben

So I have a very big issue when i hit my power button my pc turns on but sometimes i have no display other times it says asus then it just goes to a blank screen i need to hit the reset button sometimes 15 times sometimes only 2 times from what i was told this is a hardware issue but now the person that told me that will not answer someone please help i just need to know how to make it so when i turn on my pc it actually turns on first try

Parts- https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JzLhd6

case- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811853032

We need more info, have you tried clearing CMOS? When it doesn't turn on what does the POST code indicator say? 

what's up with the 3 SSD, are they in raid? cause that could be the reason for the problem. if they are setup for scratch disks it shouldn't be though

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

34 minutes ago, Snipeon said:

We need more info, have you tried clearing CMOS? When it doesn't turn on what does the POST code indicator say? 

i have not tryed clearing cmos thats a very good idea to do that i take the little cirle battery looking off the motherboard and put it back in correct and by post code do you mean when it finally boots to desktop because there is no code there

24 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

what's up with the 3 SSD, are they in raid? cause that could be the reason for the problem. if they are setup for scratch disks it shouldn't be though

well i dont think they are on raid actually when i go into disk management they all say basic how can i fix this or how exactly can i tell

No, there is an LED display on your board right? If it doesn't POST, what does it say?

11 minutes ago, Snipeon said:

No, there is an LED display on your board right? If it doesn't POST, what does it say?

im so sorry i didnt understand at first and i never thought to look at that but i have now tried turning it off and back on 3 times and it boots right up of coarse when i want it to no work it does but how can i reset the cmos by taking out that matalic little cirlce on the motherboard right?

Yes, and that's a battery.

Well, what matters is that it works now. Best not to do anything else.

1 minute ago, Snipeon said:

could the issue be what the other person said about my hard drives? because i dont think they are raid

If it's RAID you would know. I don't think it has anything to do with your drives.

3 minutes ago, ThomasBoben said:

could the issue be what the other person said about my hard drives? because i dont think they are raid

yeah if it was raid you'd know it was in some sort of special setup it's not a thing you can simply have without knowing

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

13 hours ago, Snipeon said:

Well, what matters is that it works now. Best not to do anything else.

so before I reset the cmos the post code was either b2 or aa then I went into the bios changed things and then it gave me the code bd so I reset the cmos and now it's stuck on d6

35 minutes ago, ThomasBoben said:

so before I reset the cmos the post code was either b2 or aa then I went into the bios changed things and then it gave me the code bd so I reset the cmos and now it's stuck on d6

ok well im at my desktop i just reset the cmos a 2nd time and its good now

Hey guys im new here, that being said i have a Z270BiostarGT4 racing Mobo and both my bios' are reading a post code of 1E can anyone please help??

3 hours ago, MarkSheritown said:

Hey guys im new here, that being said i have a Z270BiostarGT4 racing Mobo and both my bios' are reading a post code of 1E can anyone please help??

Is this a new build? 

7 hours ago, MarkSheritown said:

There's no 1E in the manual. Are you reading the indicator correctly? Is it upside down? Cause post code 31 means memory is installed. 

Btw, you can consult what the post code means in the user manual. There is a section just for post codes.

3 hours ago, Snipeon said:

There's no 1E in the manual. Are you reading the indicator correctly? Is it upside down? Cause post code 31 means memory is installed. 

Btw, you can consult what the post code means in the user manual. There is a section just for post codes.

The user manual has a section with post codes but no real troubleshooting guide and it's reading 1E I've tried calling tech support too