looking for somewhat specific cpu cooler

acrain92
Go to solution Solved by Jmjam,

I've never seen that cooler before. Looks cool. Maybe you can contact thermaltake and ask for a custom bracket for the cooler if it doesn't fit am3 or 1155

is there any modern cpu air cooling options similar too a thermaltake blue orb fx that is mountable on am3 or 1155 socket mobos size and cost is not an issue

unfortunately i was looking for a similar effect id actually prefer it was not a fin around fan arrangement should of made it more clear in my post thanks for the effort tho

I7-950 @3.06ghz GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R 3X2gb CORSAIR XMS3 @ 2000MHZ GIGABYTE 7950 CORSAIR HX1000 PSU SANDISK SSD WD 1TB BLACK CORSAIR 600T

I5-750 @ 3.5ghz MSI P55A-GD65 NO DEDICATED RAM YET 2X XFX 5770 OCZ FATAL1TY 1000WATT PSU CORSAIR SSD BITFENIX OUTLAW

I5-760 GIGABYTE P55A-UD4p 4x2gb GSKILL @ 1600   Possible Hackintosh 

• 1 month later...

is there any modern cpu air cooling options similar too a thermaltake blue orb fx that is mountable on am3 or 1155 socket mobos size and cost is not an issue

you might wanna find or post a picture of what you are looking for.

ive never heard of a blue orb.

airdeano

I don't think thread bumping is allowed here.. you might check with a moderator.

you might wanna find or post a picture of what you are looking for.

ive never heard of a blue orb.

airdeano

I don't think thread bumping is allowed here.. you might check with a moderator.

Oh come on. This thread was created when we still had the old forum software and so not many people used it. I think a bump is reasonable

I think this is the cooler he means: http://www.dvhardware.net/reviews/thermaltake_blue_orb_fx/12.jpg

I've never seen that cooler before. Looks cool. Maybe you can contact thermaltake and ask for a custom bracket for the cooler if it doesn't fit am3 or 1155

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

if thread bumping is not allowed sorry for that i havent checked the rules cince i joined

i actualy already got a bracket for it too fit on am3 so that wasnt the issue its the effects of the cooler i loved seeing my temps and other readouts right through my side pannel but in contrast too the rest of my system it has a look of being a little out of date and im looking for a more moddern implamentation of it but as it seems it may not exist thanks to everyone for trying too help

also thanks maverik for the link and jmjam for the great sugestion