Setup for Genelec 6010A

L4shi

Hi, I'm kinda new to the audio components and stuff.  I'm now getting my first pair of monitors Genelec 6010A. They are already coming, got them for a present from relative. So no need to say that I made wrong choice.

I need to put them together with my tv, pc and Xbox one. I can do this the cheap way and just run the cables from 3,5mm audio jack straight to the monitors. That will be the solution if I need expensive setup.

Using optical audio would be simple way to get all three sounds digitally to one place, because Xbox one doesn't have 3,5mm jack. HDMI would be another solution.

How do I make sure that nothing "bottlenecks" my Genelecs? I would love to learn what I need, why I need and what other solutions there is. Thanks in advance for helping.

Audionoob123

6010black.jpg

You made a good choice, the Genelecs are quite nice.

You will want a pre-amp, as there is no front volume control on the speakers.

All there is on each speaker is 1xrca input.

You will want a pre-amp like the schiit SYS, but with 3 inputs instead of 2

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

• 3 weeks later...

Mabybe preamp or amplifier with a pre out like many nad amps have,manye a soundcard with a woulume knob like presounus or focusrite and speaker stands, i have ordere  a pair of white stands for my white 6010agenelec_8010_205_table_stand_with_glass_genelec_8010_320b_l_shape_table_stand_fo