Need help with installing fan.

afaq0

I am a beginner and have had a gtx 1050 ti for a few months. I installed it into my dad's old rebuilt which had 8gb ram and a decent i5. I love it so far. I do have a concern though. It does hit 80c when playing games like battlefield 1 1080p high or medium or low. I was told i shouldn't worry about it as it is not dangerous but i still want to run cool. People on youtube got steady 60. My pc has no fans excluding the psu fan and the you fan. I think I should add a fan then.

My case has space for a 80mm fan. I found one that looks good. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002QVFN7G/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1506362667&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=pc+fan&dpPl=1&dpID=41vQX4PVYSL&ref=plSrch

I am not sure how it will get power from my motherboard though. The pictures i have attached show what I have for power. I was told this fan has a 3 pin and I can't find that. Is there another way of power or is there another good 80mm fan that could do the job. 

Sorry if I have said anything wrong because I am new. 

20170925_192323.jpg

20170925_192255.jpg

1 minute ago, afaq0 said:

@RollinLower

Thanks so much. I was slightly worried before. I am curious. What is PWN. 

EKWB's site explains it far better then i ever could.

give it a read here: https://www.ekwb.com/blog/what-is-pwm-and-how-does-it-work/

16 hours ago, RollinLower said:

you can just plug the 3-pin connector onto your motherboards' 4-pin header. you will lose PWM functionality tough.

Wouldn't worry about PWM. Most lower end mobos have 4pin headers that don't have actual PWM.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

46 minutes ago, afaq0 said:

@RollinLower

@LoGiCalDrm

I had a look on ebay and found the exact same fan as I was going to get but this one had PWM so I got it. This one has 4 pin. 

If your mobo doesn't have real PWM for that system header, it will run at full speed anyway. Other option is PWM splitter and using CPU header as the controlling one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 26/09/2017 at 5:37 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

If your mobo doesn't have real PWM for that system header, it will run at full speed anyway. Other option is PWM splitter and using CPU header as the controlling one.

@LoGiCalDrm

Oh. Is there a way to adjust the fan speed in the bios or is that what the PWN was meant to allow? If it is loud and I am not gaming I may want to decrease the speed. 

2 hours ago, afaq0 said:

@LoGiCalDrm

Oh. Is there a way to adjust the fan speed in the bios or is that what the PWN was meant to allow? If it is loud and I am not gaming I may want to decrease the speed. 

Depends on mobo. If you have prebuild, I'm not so sure it has any special settings needed. You can still try with SpeedFan.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv