Making older computer a little faster

Evolution.
Go to solution Solved by JakeNTech,

As people have said above me, your not going to make your computer faster without better components, a good upgrade would be to get a Q6600 or Q6700. If you can't shell out the cash then I would run a disk defrag and remove unwanted background applications. You might also benefit from downgrading to windows 10 32bit or even back to windows 7. 

Dell optiplex 755 desktop

4GB ddr2

250gb hdd

windows 10 pro 64 bit

Core 2 duo something @2.0 GHz

It works fine and all but i need to make a bit faster. I DO NOT WANT TO UPGRADE hardware please don't tell me to, I have the resources but this is a different thing. here's what I've done so far

Installed a fresh copy of windows 10

went to startup programs and disabled all the bullshit programs at startup

also did this

Hs9Nz7DkT1qw_f6iAGqVqw.png

nothings getting faster without an upgrade, otherwise use the generic stuff like , Defrag HDD , Disable windows animations effect on certain stuff, clean up temporary files  , disabling hibernation , disabling system restore monitoring etc.

Details separate people.

56 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

Dell optiplex 755 desktop

4GB ddr2

250gb hdd

windows 10 pro 64 bit

Core 2 duo something @2.0 GHz

It works fine and all but i need to make a bit faster. I DO NOT WANT TO UPGRADE hardware please don't tell me to, I have the resources but this is a different thing. here's what I've done so far

Installed a fresh copy of windows 10

went to startup programs and disabled all the bullshit programs at startup

also did this

Hs9Nz7DkT1qw_f6iAGqVqw.png

You're not going to get a faster computer without upgrading
If you're not going to upgrade then you'll need to live with what you have.

As people have said above me, your not going to make your computer faster without better components, a good upgrade would be to get a Q6600 or Q6700. If you can't shell out the cash then I would run a disk defrag and remove unwanted background applications. You might also benefit from downgrading to windows 10 32bit or even back to windows 7. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

You can try to boost things up a bit by harnessing the fact that the HDD is spinning faster at the outer edges than the inner edges, thus faster transfer rates. So, load Windows on a partition at the start of the disk. Other than that, feed it an SSD. 120Gig ones are cheap enough. That's about all you can do on a system like that.

thanks for your guys suggestions but I do have all those components readily available for upgrade. 

9 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Defrag HDD

9 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

clean up temporary files  , disabling hibernation , disabling system restore monitoring

gonna try this 

8 hours ago, fixitnow said:

, a good upgrade would be to get a Q6600

I know I own more than 3 of those

8 hours ago, fixitnow said:

I would run a disk defrag and remove unwanted background applications. You might also benefit from downgrading to windows 10 32bit or even back to windows 7. 

Doing that right now