Phanteks evolv atx case mod

MkaiL

The evolv is known for restricted airflow and most people are modding (cutting) their panels to improve that. I've seen many people do the hexagon shape which looks nice, but imo doesn't really fit the case with those big holes. I still went for the hexagon but a somewhat inverted design, with openings about the same size as the original cutouts on the top. What do you guys think? The case is now ready for the next step: custom waterloop. 

1.thumb.jpg.ab6ef251d24bc8d58df124bd79f000f9.jpg2.thumb.jpg.40ec7d69aee8f1fb2b353413a1f719c9.jpg

WOW just WOW. Ur whole system us just too damn neat nd good looking.

man !

Superb. 

CNCed the cuts ????

1 hour ago, Vx0x said:

That looks INSAINLY good I LOVE it <3 great work!

Thanks

3 minutes ago, DIY tech said:

WOW just WOW. Ur whole system us just too damn neat nd good looking.

man !

Superb. 

CNCed the cuts ????

Thanks, yes they are milled with a CNC. I'm not done yet, still planning on custom mdpc-x sleeving in black/grey/white and a waterloop for the cpu, gpu and mobo. 

black grey n white. reminds me of my NZXT build. Good luck and keep sharing

• 1 month later...

MkaiL,

Your build looks great! I just bought the Evolv ATX and would love to use your hexagon design. Do you have a vector graphic of this pattern? Please let me know. Thanks,

Echo Magic

54 minutes ago, Echo Magic said:

MkaiL,

Your build looks great! I just bought the Evolv ATX and would love to use your hexagon design. Do you have a vector graphic of this pattern? Please let me know. Thanks,

Echo Magic

Thanks. I didn't do the designing myself so I can't help you with the files. I just told them my idea and they did the design and cutting for me. 

• 5 months later...

I'm very sorry for necropost but I would like to know is there a .dxf or other CAD format for this pattern? I have CNC in my area but just need this file :)

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

1 hour ago, Tic-Tac said:

I'm very sorry for necropost but I would like to know is there a .dxf or other CAD format for this pattern? I have CNC in my area but just need this file :)

Like I said before, I don't have the files. The mod was done by gosumodz in Germany, you're welcome to contact them yourself.

I found this on their website, maybe this can help you?

InvertedHex.thumb.jpg.036eca5f727fe74205548176525747d3.jpg

• 1 month later...

How much of a performance gain did you see after doing this? 

11 hours ago, Santiago94 said:

How much of a performance gain did you see after doing this? 

I didn't really do it for a performance gain, but to bring temps down and have a quieter system. Temps of my cpu would reach into the 70's but after the mod, I was able to lower the rpm's a bit and got max. temps of 60 on cpu. I have a custom loop now with a 360 + 240 thin rad with fans on lowest, cpu and gpu max out on 50 with the same load. 

4 hours ago, MkaiL said:

I didn't really do it for a performance gain, but to bring temps down and have a quieter system. Temps of my cpu would reach into the 70's but after the mod, I was able to lower the rpm's a bit and got max. temps of 60 on cpu. I have a custom loop now with a 360 + 240 thin rad with fans on lowest, cpu and gpu max out on 50 with the same load. 

My bad, meant performance gain on temperature lol that's awesome though! Did you space out the front panel at all to open up the gaps a bit? 

19 minutes ago, Santiago94 said:

My bad, meant performance gain on temperature lol that's awesome though! Did you space out the front panel at all to open up the gaps a bit? 

It could be better though, my design is still a bit restrictive. I've tested my system without the panels on and that dropped the temps even further so there is still room for improvement. I did space out the front a bit with some rubber washers, but that was to get the front flush with the glass side panels. I've seen people test out different spacings with the front panel, and the temps only dropped when you had a big gap with the panel sticking out, but that just looks ridiculous imo. 

1 hour ago, Joel2003 said:

looks really nice

Looks even better now :D

3-2.thumb.jpg.d925873416b01136a7a87079698062d1.thumb.jpg.4a607e2f41d234e566bef7eaa4a5baf9.jpg3-1.thumb.jpg.ad9411dcb466ee36e35865cd5ba18d38.thumb.jpg.934f40fcd10ac6aa3044b39160fdcd60.jpg2-4.thumb.jpg.087a1b791ac9b66f35edb9847f9af28a.thumb.jpg.3589804ffe55be33589ecac20c7ce84e.jpg

8 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

It could be better though, my design is still a bit restrictive. I've tested my system without the panels on and that dropped the temps even further so there is still room for improvement. I did space out the front a bit with some rubber washers, but that was to get the front flush with the glass side panels. I've seen people test out different spacings with the front panel, and the temps only dropped when you had a big gap with the panel sticking out, but that just looks ridiculous imo. 

Yea I saw one that was ridiculously sticking out lol but you did what I was thinking for it to be flush. Also what air cooler were you using before water cooling? 

On 5/25/2018 at 10:18 AM, MkaiL said:

Looks even better now :D

Man that's a clean build! 1 question though. Why not go with white coolant to match your color scheme? 

7 minutes ago, Santiago94 said:

Also what air cooler were you using before water cooling? 

It's the Be quiet! dark rock 3. 

4 minutes ago, Santiago94 said:

Man that's a clean build! 1 question though. Why not go with white coolant to match your color scheme? 

I was planning on getting the primochill vue white but waited to see other peoples experiences first, good thing I did. I just used the cryofuel clear I had for now, probably will get pastel white next year when it's maintenance time. Don't want to waste the 2 bottles of cryofuel I used and it's also really difficult to drain the loop, even with the valve. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/25/2018 at 10:15 AM, MkaiL said:

How much did the temps improve with the front and the top panel vs without them?

5 hours ago, tech_monster said:

How much did the temps improve with the front and the top panel vs without them?

I used to get temps in the mid 70's on air for my cpu and gpu, if I remember correctly that dropped to the mid 60's after the mod and now on water I get high 40's to low 50's under full load. The difference in temps will depend on your exact setup though. Tbh my design with the mesh is still a bit restricting. If temps are a concern, I've seen other designs that would be better suited. 

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, FastRedPonyCar said:

Looks rad, dude.  I'm just curious how to do the LED ring on the power button.

That's just built into the power button and comes standard with this case.

• 1 year later...

This is an amazing mod. Would you mind sharing the steps on how you achieved this? I have no idea how to get started. I'm planning to make a build with an evolv x case and I still think the airflow in that updated case could use work. If you would be so kind, please help

Edit: Just saw you reference gosumodz for the design. Unfortunately I am in the US and I believe you said they are in Germany. Could you share a link to it?

1 hour ago, reshsafari said:

This is an amazing mod. Would you mind sharing the steps on how you achieved this? I have no idea how to get started. I'm planning to make a build with an evolv x case and I still think the airflow in that updated case could use work. If you would be so kind, please help

Edit: Just saw you reference gosumodz for the design. Unfortunately I am in the US and I believe you said they are in Germany. Could you share a link to it?

Unfortunately, it looks like their website and social media pages no longer exist. I would just search for a place local to you that can cnc cut your panels for you in any pattern you want.

I like the look of your system in both before and after CLC and it's very clean in both guises, but I think I prefer and the haters are going to fire up now....... I PREFER the air cooled look to this build, I feel it looks functional and fills the space nicely without crowding it too much, also the white (SSD?) object covering the basement hole hid the rats nest, possibly the only thing that distracts from the aesthetic of the water loop build (do you have plans to cover that again?), still those hexes look like they were stock and that is a great way to mod IMO...make it look like it was meant to be that way from factory, I'm almost afraid to post a pic of my rig now...