iOS 11 MMS doesn't exist?

I've been running the iOS 11 beta since beta 9 on my iPhone and just today updated to the final version. One thing that I noticed is that any sort of MMS between non-iMessage devices doesn't seem to be supported. When texting an android or non-iOS device, tapping the camera icon to send a picture does absolutely nothing. The "enable MMS" option in settings seems to be completely removed as well.

Any help or insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

10 minutes ago, Exploded117 said:

I've been running the iOS 11 beta since beta 9 on my iPhone and just today updated to the final version. One thing that I noticed is that any sort of MMS between non-iMessage devices doesn't seem to be supported. When texting an android or non-iOS device, tapping the camera icon to send a picture does absolutely nothing. The "enable MMS" option in settings seems to be completely removed as well.

Possibly a bug, have you checked with apple on this issue?

Edit: Or Apple just has courage to remove MMS going to other platforms and the rest of the industry will follow shortly /s

Edited by Guest
Added dose of sarcasm

1 minute ago, tjcater said:

Possibly a bug, have you checked with apple on this issue?

I was about to record this in the feedback app, I just wanted to check if there's another way to fix it before I did

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Just now, Exploded117 said:

I was about to record this in the feedback app, I just wanted to check if there's another way to fix it before I did

Can you still receive MMS from an android device?

5 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Can you still receive MMS from an android device?

I don't seem to be able to receive MMS either. Non-iMessage MMS group chats don't seem to work correctly either

-Ron White

Just now, Exploded117 said:

I don't seem to be able to receive MMS either. Non-iMessage MMS group chats don't seem to work correctly either

Maybe we will get a keynote about their "Courage" to not support cross-platform MMS. /s

25 minutes ago, Exploded117 said:

Who's your cell carrier? Did you have any problem with this before the update? Your carrier settings profile may not be updated yet to work with the new iOS.

1 minute ago, Atra1n2 said:

Who's your cell carrier? Did you have any problem with this before the update? Your carrier settings profile may not be updated yet to work with the new iOS.

I use a subsidiary of T-Mobile, and had no problems before the update

-Ron White

4 minutes ago, Exploded117 said:

I use a subsidiary of T-Mobile, and had no problems before the update

There's a good chance then that the correct carrier settings profile has not been installed. I used an MVNO, which is just a prepaid carrier that purchases rights to use a larger networks cell towers like AT&T. When I first purchased the service, I had no MMS because this little MVNO company never collaborated with Apple to create a carrier settings profile to be pushed to its iPhone customers. However, if I remember correctly T-Mobile sim cards, and T-Mobile-like sim cards allow you to access a menu to input the correct APN settings manually to allow you access to mobile data, hotspot, and MMS. You should be able to navigate to the Settings app, then Cellular -> Cellular Data Network and input the correct APN and other settings specific to your carrier.

• 8 months later...

I'm having this issue right now and not even the apple technician or my carrier can figure this out