OnePlus 5 - 6 GB vs 8 GB

Freezanator
Go to solution Solved by EthanCoow,
26 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

Now I am aware the 8 GB model of the OnePlus 5 doesn't make much of a difference in performance compared to the 6 GB model. However, the thing I want to know is battery life. I've heard that having more RAM on your system sips a little more juice than if you had less. Is this true? Which model has better battery life or are they equal? Thanks! :)

RAM sip a very small amount of battery that it doesn't make a difference in battery life. 

Now I am aware the 8 GB model of the OnePlus 5 doesn't make much of a difference in performance compared to the 6 GB model. However, the thing I want to know is battery life. I've heard that having more RAM on your system sips a little more juice than if you had less. Is this true? Which model has better battery life or are they equal? Thanks! :)

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

26 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

RAM sip a very small amount of battery that it doesn't make a difference in battery life. 

31 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

The RAM capacity of the phone only uses a small portion of the battery. Multitasking and other workloads will benefit of having the higher RAM capacity, but not to say that 6-8GB or RAM is good enough for the average phone user. The higher RAM capacity will optimise better for multitasking and other heavier workloads that use a lot of RAM, but for the average consumer, 6GB or RAM is enough for general use/productivity.