How to get the absolute lowest input latency possible

1 minute ago, JohnYarowy said:

yeah, true.  I guess the next monitor I'll be buying is a dell because I heard they have 3-5ms input lag in game mode, even better than the benq monitors at 6ms.  I guess I'll take a crt monitor uip as a side project in the future just for fun but I guess I'll have to look through the interwebs for a possible solution.  Thanks for trying to be of help! gained some good info!  

That would be very surprising to me... as I said earlier, I checked the displaylag database, and while they don't have every monitor, they do have a large selection and the fastest one they show is 9 ms.  ie, no need to upgrade for that reason, you're basically already at the best you can get

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, JohnYarowy said:

https://gyazo.com/1eba5bc752fb79540266578d0f79fb14 hopefully this information is true...

That site seems to show much lower numbers across the board than displaylag.com... it's worth noting there are different ways of measuring it an obviously it only works to compare two screen tested the same way.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

That site seems to show much lower numbers across the board than displaylag.com... it's worth noting there are different ways of measuring it an obviously it only works to compare two screen tested the same way.

Ah okay. Will check displaylag.com and yea I guess.

Just now, JohnYarowy said:

Ah okay. Will check displaylag.com and yea I guess.

Bottom line, my recommendation is keep your existing monitor, in case that isn't clear.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Bottom line, my recommendation is keep your existing monitor, in case that isn't clear.

Well I was already going to buy a 144hz monitor, it isn't related to the input latency at all by the way, I just want more enjoyable gameplay and web browsing.

Just now, JohnYarowy said:

Well I was already going to buy a 144hz monitor, it isn't related to the input latency at all by the way, I just want more enjoyable gameplay and web browsing.

alright then :)

While I understand the issue, but I don't understand what exactly you looking for.

I mean your monitor had 42ms refresh time? that's technically impossible unless you getting defective unit, even my old lcd from 2004 advertised only had 8ms.

I'm curious how did you get that number exactly?

Just now, Blebekblebek said:

While I understand the issue, but I don't understand what exactly you looking for.

I mean your monitor had 42ms refresh time? that's technically impossible unless you getting defective unit, even my old lcd from 2004 advertised only had 8ms.

I'm curious how did you get that number exactly?

It's the whole system I believe, it's 42ms because I timed it out perfectly in my rhythm game with a calibrator.  At the end of each song I play it tells me my average like I said before usually being between 6 and 8 ms on each side

If anyone else reads this, it's not pre rendered frames either, I have that at 0 and it's still the same latency of 42ms.

• 4 years later...
On 9/15/2017 at 4:16 AM, Max_Settings said:

To quote from the other post.

You are missing the point, you are using the fastest thing you can possibly get. It is good enough for any use ever. You think the people who made the game intended on everyone having the world's fastest keyboard? No. The keyboard you have is probably better than the ones the devs had. You are not noticing 42ms, inhumanly possible, it's placebo. Nothing is faster because it doesn't need to be because the tech needed for the gain isn't worth the money to develop because it's humanly impossible to notice.