First Comptuer

drinkable_Pie

My motherboard is a gigabyte gaming 7 z170 and when I power the computer on the MOMO gives me a c1 error code... And about 5 seconds after shuts off entirely. I currently do not know what the problem is because Ive tried sending it back a few times only to get the same error code again and again. Ive switched cases, switched powersupplies and triple checked all plugs to make sure leads are clean. I'm trying to run the board off of a I56600K Skylake; a 1050 graphics card also from gigabyte, a 2133 Megahert 8 gig stick, and my power supply is a cx750. 

I'm open to getting a different board if the rig will run better on another one. Ive already tried clearing bios also. 

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

Thats a Ram error code. Have you swapped ram out, reseated it, or change dimms?

Ive tried using a 8 gig 3000 meghz stick as well only to run into this same problem. 

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

And you already RMA the board?

What do you mean by RMA?

1 minute ago, drinkable_Pie said:

What do you mean by RMA?

RMA is giving the dead one and receiving a new one (I think it is like that,if not sorry, I had never RMA'ED in my life).

1 minute ago, MadOverclocker said:

RMA is giving the dead one and receiving a new one (I think it is like that,if not sorry, I had never RMA'ED in my life).

This is my third motherboard and all three of them have given me the same c1 error code.   If it is a compatability issue do you know of any other good motherboards under $180.

This is my third motherboard and all three of them have given me the same c1 error code.   If it is a compatability issue do you know of any other good motherboards under $180.

THIRD ONE?! Oh well, bet ya it is the ram

Just now, MadOverclocker said:

THIRD ONE?! Oh well, bet ya it is the ram

2 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Its not the motherboard, its the Ram. Try different ram than what you already tried.

Ok then.  Should the motherboard be fine?  And are there any recommendations for ram chips.

Just now, drinkable_Pie said:

Ok then.  Should the motherboard be fine?  And are there any recommendations for ram chips.

MB should be alive and well, Ram is ded as laptop (Miss my laptop...). I dont have any recommendations on RAM Srry.

Just now, MadOverclocker said:

MB should be alive and well, Ram is ded as laptop (Miss my laptop...). I dont have any recommendations on RAM Srry.

Ok then.  Thank you save me the trouble of getting a replacement shipped.  Thank you.

Ok then.  Thank you save me the trouble of getting a replacement shipped.  Thank you.

I would go with some corsair LPX. Really solid with very low rate of problems.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Just now, Thinkfreely said:

I would go with some corsair LPX. Really solid with very low rate of problems.

Thank you