Will faster ram affect usage in any way?

So thos is probably a silly question.

Basically it comes to this. I found some ram for cheap enough for me to consider it that runs at 3000MHz. I know ryzen love faster ram (even though the effect would basically nill when running a mid range graphics card).

My computer also uses a whole lot of ram.

So my question is should I buy 16gb of 2400MHz to make for 32gb total.

Or should I buy 3000MHz ram for a total of 16gb.

If I buy the faster ram which is what I'd prefer; would the faster speeds keep the ram usage from getting too high because of the ability to empty itself quicker? Or is this not at all how that works?

I vote the 3000mhz 16gb route.  How much ram usage do you see when doing whatever process you do?  If it never goes above 16 GB then you don't need more than 16 GB and the faster speed DOES help Ryzen.

4 minutes ago, fastcar123 said:

So thos is probably a silly question.

Basically it comes to this. I found some ram for cheap enough for me to consider it that runs at 3000MHz. I know ryzen love faster ram (even though the effect would basically nill when running a mid range graphics card).

My computer also uses a whole lot of ram.

So my question is should I buy 16gb of 2400MHz to make for 32gb total.

Or should I buy 3000MHz ram for a total of 16gb.

If I buy the faster ram which is what I'd prefer; would the faster speeds keep the ram usage from getting too high because of the ability to empty itself quicker? Or is this not at all how that works?

Well go for the 16gb at 3000mhz unless you have a ton of background processes eating up your ram, which is unlikely. 

6 minutes ago, fastcar123 said:

No, it will use the same amount.

I put my RAM from the standard 2133MHz to 3200Mhz overclock and my usage (in-game, witcher 3) went down from 8000 to 6500. I always heard that the speed has nothing to do with usage but maybe it does (or I'm very lucky xD)

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

17 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I vote the 3000mhz 16gb route.  How much ram usage do you see when doing whatever process you do?  If it never goes above 16 GB then you don't need more than 16 GB and the faster speed DOES help Ryzen.

18 minutes ago, Ruwaaid said:

Well go for the 16gb at 3000mhz unless you have a ton of background processes eating up your ram, which is unlikely. 

On a really bad day it uses as much 15.6 GB. Probably a lot of back ground stuff going on then.

Can faster ram help something such as a gtx 980? Its pretty much slightly better than most mid range graphics cards from this generation.

17 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

No, it will use the same amount.

13 minutes ago, Walt said:

I put my RAM from the standard 2133MHz to 3200Mhz overclock and my usage (in-game, witcher 3) went down from 8000 to 6500. I always heard that the speed has nothing to do with usage but maybe it does (or I'm very lucky xD)

Lol these two comments contradict each other.

Anyway it probably is actually both it would just need to situational?

Sorry I dont really know much about ram speeds and whatnot

5 minutes ago, fastcar123 said:

On a really bad day it uses as much 15.6 GB. Probably a lot of back ground stuff going on then.

Can faster ram help something such as a gtx 980? Its pretty much slightly better than most mid range graphics cards from this generation.

Lol these two comments contradict each other.

Anyway it probably is actually both it would just need to situational?

Sorry I dont really know much about ram speeds and whatnot

RAM usage is hard to control specifically, my RAM usage will change by gigabytes sometimes just from rebooting my computer even with the same programs/games and tasks open.

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

RAM usage is hard to control specifically, my RAM usage will change by gigabytes sometimes just from rebooting my computer even with the same programs/games and tasks open.

This is a problem that I deal with as well