New pc build! Thoughts?

Vx0x

Hello everyone!

So, I'm going to build a new pc for gaming streaming and possibly video editing.

I live in sweden and my budget is about 1100 to 1400 usd

Here is the list; https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ydk3Ps is there anything that I should change? What do you guys think? P

Please reply :)

2 minutes ago, Vx0x said:

Hello everyone!

So, I'm going to build a new pc for gaming streaming and possibly video editing.

Here is the list; https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ydk3Ps is there anything that I should change? What do you guys think? P

Why'd you put in Ryzen for gaming and streaming?  Intel is proven better for both of those things.  

3 minutes ago, Vx0x said:

Hello everyone!

Looks really good! Only thing id personally change is the asrock mobo but thats a personal opinion.

Good luck!

-Lukas

1000$ PC: CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3 RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb G1 gaming Storage: 2tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm PSU: Corsair Vengeance 550m Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ cherry mx browns Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

Just now, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Why'd you put in Ryzen for gaming and streaming?  Intel is proven better for both of those things.  

Ryzen is faaar better at streaming mate, proven ny benchmarks. Im no fanboy but in this case it is superior.

1000$ PC: CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3 RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb G1 gaming Storage: 2tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm PSU: Corsair Vengeance 550m Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ cherry mx browns Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

Just now, Fluffybakon said:

Ryzen is faaar better at streaming mate, proven ny benchmarks. Im no fanboy but in this case it is superior.

Wow, I thought that it was the opposite.  Thanks for telling.

1 minute ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Ryzen is better for Streaming, especially if other stuff is going on in the background. 

2 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

If you compare the $1000 7900X to the 1700, yes. If you compare the 1700 to the 7700K (same price) the 1700 is MUCH better for streaming

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2993-amd-1700-vs-intel-7700k-for-game-streaming

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

I would wait for 8th gen and then buy.  7th gen prices will drop, and also 8th gen will be awesome.  It's leaked to release October 5th.

1 minute ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Wow, I thought that it was the opposite.  Thanks for telling.

Thanks for listening and not fanboying :) 

Intel is still better for gaming in the form of the 7700k, but yeah, ryzen with its 8 cores and 16 threads is way better for streaming/editing/multi-threaded workloads.

cheers

-Lukas

I'll wait for coffelake and see what its all about

Anything else that I should change? :)

1 minute ago, Vx0x said:

Thanks for the replies

I'll probably wait for coffelake and see what its all about

Is there anything else that I should change? :)

Nothing else.  Only thing I would recommend if you do buy Intel's 8th gen is an aftermarket cooler.  You'll need it UNLESS they improve their coolers with this gen, which I don't think it will.

Just now, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Nothing else.  Only thing I would recommend if you do buy Intel's 8th gen is an aftermarket cooler.  You'll need it UNLESS they improve their coolers with this gen, which I don't think it will.

Yeah intels coolers arent that good

2 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

1 minute ago, Vx0x said:

Yeah intels coolers arent that good

Most Intel cpu's don't have a stock cooler unless it is a locked chip. I don't see Coffee Lake being any different.

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Most Intel cpu's don't have a stock cooler unless it is a locked chip. I don't see Coffee Lake being any different.

That's true..

But they may follow amd and not lock any processors multipliers and include coolers with the lower clocked ones... But probably not...

What's the budget in SEK? Since the prices aren't going to be the same in Sweden as in the US. Using prisjakt.nu would give a better picture of the selection and the prices

:)

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

What's the budget in SEK? Since the prices aren't going to be the same in Sweden as in the US. Using prisjakt.nu would give a better picture of the selection and the prices

The budget is about 12000 to 14500sek

Here is the list: https://m.prisjakt.nu/me/lists/3195930

4 minutes ago, Vx0x said:

The budget is about 12000 to 14500sek

Here is the list: https://m.prisjakt.nu/me/lists/3195930

That link doesn't work for me. It has a different form from what I get when I use the share link on Norwegian prisjakt.

https://www.prisjakt.no/list.php?l=406100

^^that one is a list I made for a somewhat reasonable PC with Norwegian prices, btw

12 minutes ago, seon123 said:

That link doesn't work for me. It has a different form from what I get when I use the share link on Norwegian prisjakt.

^^that one is a list I made for a somewhat reasonable PC with Norwegian prices, btw

https://www.prisjakt.nu/list.php?l=3195930&view=b does it work?

I care about aestethics and I want the pro m and I think noctua coolers are ugly...  I'm thinking cryorig r1 or be quiet dark rock 3

is the rx vega 56 good for the price? I will wait for the non regeference cards to come out...

And I might step down to the 1600.. Is that a good choice?

I want the asrock killer sli since its one of the cheapest x370 mobos and I think it looks very good.

I think I'll be sticking with a sata ssd.. Does an nvme make that much of a difference? Is it worth 300sek more?

I think thats about it..

3 minutes ago, Vx0x said:

https://www.prisjakt.nu/list.php?l=3195930&view=b does it work?

I care about aestethics and I want the pro m and I think noctua coolers are ugly...  I'm thinking cryorig r1 or be quiet dark rock 3

is the rx vega 56 good for the price? I will wait for the non regeference cards to come out...

And I might step down to the 1600.. Is that a good choice?

I want the asrock killer sli since its one of the cheapest x370 mobos and I think it looks very good.

I think I'll be sticking with a sata ssd.. Does an nvme make that much of a difference? Is it worth 300sek more?

I think thats about it..

That link doesn't work either. Are you sure you haven't set it to private?

The list I posted was just an example of how a link for a list would be, and something I just casually made a few days ago. 

I can just use the PCPP link at the top.

The Dark Rock 3 would work well. But it seems like you'll have to mount it horizontally, so that it blows air up, rather than towards the back. 

The Vega 56 performs about the same as the GTX 1070, and you can use Freesync monitors, which tend to cost ~1000 kr less than their G-sync equivalents (MG279Q actually costs 3000 sek less than the PG279Q). The price difference here in Norway is about 500 nok, between the Vega 56 Vs the cheapest 1070, but it looks like the cheapest 1070 in Sweden costs 100 more than the Vega 56. The trade-off is the Vega 56 being louder than the 1070, and it also has a higher power draw. Up to twice as high. 

For streaming, the 1700 will be beneficial. 

I don't know about that motherboard, but it should be decent. Ask @dave_k.

NVMe won't be worth it. In my list, I chose it simply because I want it. Do as I say, not as I do :P.

47 minutes ago, seon123 said:

@seon123 probably have better idea of pricing there in your place. but I would say Get 1700 for the tasks you're willing to do & use the stock cooler with it. No need to buy external cooler now & also Get normal Ssd like samsung evo 850 or any other that cheaper & use the those cash to step up your gpu to something 1080 atleast. small components can be upgraded easily later when you have money.    

2 minutes ago, Fardin said:

@seon123 probably have better idea of pricing there in your place. but I would say Get 1700 for the tasks you're willing to do & use the stock cooler with it. No need to buy external cooler now & also Get normal Ssd like samsung evo 850 or any other that cheaper & use the those cash to step up your gpu to something 1080 atleast. small components can be upgraded easily later when you have money.    

I'm not the OP, and that list was just something I made to see what would happen if I chose reasonably high end components for everything without being too stupid. 

Agree with you, though

So I should get a 1700 w/stock cooler for now and maybe upgrade to a better cooler later?

Btw the list was private it should work now :)

Prisjakt is confusing :P

1 minute ago, Vx0x said:

So I should get a 1700 w/stock cooler for now and maybe upgrade to a better cooler later?

Yes, that would be sensible. You should be able to overclock it to ~3,6 GHz with it. It should be fine for light overclocks. 

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Yes, that would be sensible. You should be able to overclock it to ~3,6 GHz with it. It should be fine for light overclocks. 

Ok thank you :)

I'll still wait for coffelake though