CPU Bottlenecking??

Hi! So I built my PC 3 months ago originally intended as a 2k 60FPS gaming rig. But now I got into video editing for hobby reasons (I honestly didn't know I was going to enjoy it), for some reasons my videos look really bad even when I'm recording it in 2k and then have it down-sampled to 1080p (using OBS: base canvas at 2k, output at 2048x1152; then using Corel VideoStudioPro x7: rendered at 1080p). To my understanding this should actually increase the sharpness of the image (learnt it from Sam and Neko)? And the results doesn't even look as if they have 720p, especially in dark scenes or when I'm moving... I've linked my videos I've made so far, below my PC specs with time stamps so you don't have to watch the whole videos to find what I'm talking about.

Below are my PC specs:

CPU: i5-7600K @3.8GHz (I know its not overclocked, I'm thinking about it)

MOBO: Asrock z270m-itx/ac

GPU: Zotac GTX1070 Mini

RAM: 16Gb DDR4 @2400Hz

Storage: 120Gb SSD Boot Drive + 1Tb HDD that Stores every non-program things such as the video files

Take a Look at the videos at their respective time stamps (they are approximates so scroll back and forth a couple seconds):

Video 1 (1:43, 3:10, 5:08, 6:20, 23:00, 29:50): 

Video 2 (1:46, 1:51, 1:57, 2:24, 3:11, and a lot more in this vid than the first one but you get my point): 

Video 3 (0:28, 0:31, 1:18, 1:31, 1:53, 1:54 <-- oh god the graphics in this one is horrible..., 2:34): 

Is my CPU bottlenecking my pc performance? Or does it have to do with other things? Like settings in OBS? Or am I supposed to connect multiple DisplayPort Cables (at 2k though? never heard of it)?? Or is my monitor broken or sth (I tried on both monitor and phone, phone looks alright I guess but its so small I really can't tell), but either of them don't look anything like when I recorded the videos. And I looked at videos made by other people at 1080p on my monitor and theirs look so much sharper and better (talking about graphics here, I know my skills as a novice video editor sucks)????? Please help. Thanks!!

*Please note this is not a self promotion. I've been trying to get help with this from online and friends and all of them said that I'm just doing this for views... I'M NOT. Don't click on those links if you don't want to and tell me so I will download them back from YouTube and upload them here. It hurts real bad when even your closest friends says shit like that. Hopefully I won't hear it from here. Thanks.

it has nothing to do with your CPU performance

you sequence and timeline settings are not right

im not familiar with OBS or Corel so i cant really diagnose

I use nvidia Share + Adobe Premiere Pro (with an ancient Phenom X6 and GTX 1060) and have not had any issues

both my recorded files and timeline settings are set to 1080p 60fps

Photography / Finance / Gaming

we have known this for a long ass time now.

b41227d61898217535329a3fdc5d06ee.png.c160fd59aadbe7eb63fac284ad7bdfc8.png.72678406ac725e600ee8babc1cd68785.png

That is the first Titan X, so not even Pascal, now look at the FPS difference and we all know that skylake and kabylake has the same IPC

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

39 minutes ago, mok said:

I use nvidia Share + Adobe Premiere Pro (with an ancient Phenom X6 and GTX 1060) and have not had any issues

Ah I see. So Maybe I should just use Nvidia Share Instead...

36 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

we have known this for a long ass time now.

b41227d61898217535329a3fdc5d06ee.png.c160fd59aadbe7eb63fac284ad7bdfc8.png.72678406ac725e600ee8babc1cd68785.png

That is the first Titan X, so not even Pascal, now look at the FPS difference and we all know that skylake and kabylake has the same IPC

Sorry I'm quite confused as I am quite new to this pc building thing so non of what you said and linked made sense to me lol do you mean my problem has actually been known for quite a while and there's some problems with my hardware? Thx!

47 minutes ago, WillBlake said:

Sorry I'm quite confused as I am quite new to this pc building thing so non of what you said and linked made sense to me lol do you mean my problem has actually been known for quite a while and there's some problems with my hardware? Thx!

it has been known for quite a while by people that actually look at facts. All the people that say there isn't one are people that don't look at facts.

You are encoding with the GPU, right? CPU encoding is viewed upon as the best for quality, but it is also quite taxing. Maybe look over your quality setting for the captor program or use something else than that program to captor with like shadow play or get a capture card or try to move the encoding over to your CPU (which it probably can't handle that well, since 4c 4t)

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

21 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

it has been known for quite a while by people that actually look at facts. All the people that say there isn't one are people that don't look at facts.

You are encoding with the GPU, right? CPU encoding is viewed upon as the best for quality, but it is also quite taxing. Maybe look over your quality setting for the captor program or use something else than that program to captor with like shadow play or get a capture card or try to move the encoding over to your CPU (which it probably can't handle that well, since 4c 4t)

Ah I see. Thx! I'll have a look at them asap:)

23 hours ago, mok said:

21 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Hi! So I've tried ShadowPlay (or Share whatever its name is now) and set it to record at 2K 60FPS, since my CPU is 4 cores and doesn't even have threads I opted for GPU encoding instead. It still doesn't look as good as it does in game, but there is a very noticeable improvement. I've attached a link to the RAW video straight out of ShadowPlay for you to examine if you are free to do so (sorry the file is too big this site do not let me upload it directly...). Do I set it to record at 4K then? Could my GPU even handle recording at 4K? Or should it improve in quality only after being rendered at 1080p due to down-sampling?? Thanks very much!

File Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByrncJn3CY8ba0ZWUjljdWk0SzQ

5 hours ago, WillBlake said:

Hi! So I've tried ShadowPlay (or Share whatever its name is now) and set it to record at 2K 60FPS, since my CPU is 4 cores and doesn't even have threads I opted for GPU encoding instead. It still doesn't look as good as it does in game, but there is a very noticeable improvement. I've attached a link to the RAW video straight out of ShadowPlay for you to examine if you are free to do so (sorry the file is too big this site do not let me upload it directly...). Do I set it to record at 4K then? Could my GPU even handle recording at 4K? Or should it improve in quality only after being rendered at 1080p due to down-sampling?? Thanks very much!

File Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByrncJn3CY8ba0ZWUjljdWk0SzQ

Nvidia Share records footage with the h.264 codec and so these file sizes will be extremely large for you if you record in full 4k and for long

your RAW footage will always look great. 

the real quality difference will occur when you are working with the video files in your editing application

Photography / Finance / Gaming

8 hours ago, mok said:

Nvidia Share records footage with the h.264 codec and so these file sizes will be extremely large for you if you record in full 4k and for long

your RAW footage will always look great. 

the real quality difference will occur when you are working with the video files in your editing application

Ah I see. Thank you so much!!