Custom made pc

Jason Chris

Hello,

I was looking around for a while to find pc components so I can play new games at high or ulta settings. Then I also wanted to chase some aesthetics so I tried to look for RGB components. So far I've found a lot of parts to match my budget but I'm not sure if they are compatible with eachother. No better place to ask than here! 

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

GPU: GTX 1080/GTX 1080 Ti

PSU: Corsair cx750m (already have this one)

Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K5

RAM: G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3200 Kit (2x8gb)

Fans: Corsair Air Series LED HD120 RGB High Performance

Cooling: Corsair Hydro H110i

Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB

I'm kinda new to this so I think that I'll make huge mistakes if I rely only on videos and sites. Thank you for your time! 

Yes they are all compatible, use PcPartPicker.com, it's really useful.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

4 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

If you are using this PC for gaming ONLY (and literally nothing else) intel's i7-7700K is currently the best CPU for that. You may want to look into that instead. 

BUT, coffee lake is supposed to release a few weeks from now, so hold off on that CPU and mobo of yours until they are released and we see some benchmarks.

Also get a big-ass air cooler instead of a water cooler since it will cost less, have no pump to fail, and cool just as well.

I'll have to stick with this motherboard and cpu for my budget, but what do do recommend for air cooling then? 

3 minutes ago, Jason Chris said:

I'll have to stick with this motherboard and cpu for my budget, but what do do recommend for air cooling then? 

Currently, I use a Corsair H100i, if I could pick again I'd go with a Noctua air cooler and I probably will at some point, after replacing most of my fans with Noctua ones it really doesn't make any sense to me to buy anything else.

8 minutes ago, Sack said:

Currently, I use a Corsair H100i, if I could pick again I'd go with a Noctua air cooler and I probably will at some point, after replacing most of my fans with Noctua ones it really doesn't make any sense to me to buy anything else.

I also wanted it for the RGB lights, trynna combine the specs with the aesthetics. Isn't water cooling better than air cooling?

3 minutes ago, Jason Chris said:

I also wanted it for the RGB lights, trynna combine the specs with the aesthetics. Isn't water cooling better than air cooling?

It kind of depends on how you define better. An air cooler will have fewer points of failure as well as less noise produced as you don't have a pump or the sound of fluid circulating (in some instances you can hear this). Water cooling can be better in that you can get some really big radiators, and turn your fans down a lot while keeping your temps really good, it's also a very efficient way to transport heat away from your components.

Unless you're going to do some serious overclocking air cooling will be more than adequate, and I know the Noctua fan colour scheme kind of sucks, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm not in the habit of staring at the insides of my computer, so I only see it when I'm cleaning the inside. 

Alright, I'll double check it before I buy everything, thanks guys :)