Dell XPS 15 Alternatives?

39 minutes ago, Jrasero said:

I had a 2017 MBP and have a Dell XPS 9560.  Hands down the Macbooks have some of the best overall sound quality, really it isn't even close.  The 9560's speakers are loud, maybe even more so than a Macbook BUT they are down firing, distort at higher volume easily, tinny sounding, and lack bass of any sort.  Really other PC laptops are no different compared to the 9560, some better than others but nothing close to a Macbook.

If you don't want a Mac I would suggest getting a BT speaker like a Bose Soundlink for times you want clear well balanced music that isn't going to sketch people out and this combo will probably still be cheaper than getting a MBP 

Already have a decent BT speaker so not a problem.

Thanks for the info!

37 minutes ago, Jrasero said:

Well I have the 9560 FHD model w/ the i7 and 16GB w/ 97 watt battery and I get 8 maybe 9 hours of battery surfing the web and streaming Netflix/YouTube constantly.  I would highly doubt the 56wh comes close to this.  Maybe 4-5 hours at best w/ the FHD w/ normal use 

Possibly, although I am leaning over towards the 97wh battery due to the battery, and students have a 10% discount on the Dell website which is a nice touch.

22 minutes ago, Dominik_Szreder said:

Possibly, although I am leaning over towards the 97wh battery due to the battery, and students have a 10% discount on the Dell website which is a nice touch.

I don't know what your budget is, but try the Dell Outlet.  If you feel okay with refurbished Dell has plenty of those but they also offer "New", which were returned/never shipped but canceled orders.

I got my i7 16GB 512SSD FHD w/o fingerprint "New" from the outlet shipped to NYC w/ tax for $1260.  I did get an extra 12% off the list price because I called in my order and asked if there was any additional discounts, so I am sure they probably could do the same for you.  The computer was pristine but didn't come with any box and the computer was already setup to a Richard Patel.  Dell said this was just a employee probably testing the computer but forgot to wipe it.

Also since it's from Dell you get the full warranty and the option to add additional warranties.  

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

1 hour ago, Jrasero said:

I don't know what your budget is, but try the Dell Outlet.  If you feel okay with refurbished Dell has plenty of those but they also offer "New", which were returned/never shipped but canceled orders.

I got my i7 16GB 512SSD FHD w/o fingerprint "New" from the outlet shipped to NYC w/ tax for $1260.  I did get an extra 12% off the list price because I called in my order and asked if there was any additional discounts, so I am sure they probably could do the same for you.  The computer was pristine but didn't come with any box and the computer was already setup to a Richard Patel.  Dell said this was just a employee probably testing the computer but forgot to wipe it.

Also since it's from Dell you get the full warranty and the option to add additional warranties.  

Unfortunately we don't have dell outlets here in the UK, unless there is one in London as that popped up when I googled it. and there are people reporting to have issues with them, which I know with warranty they'll replace, however I don't want to be dealing with that.

4 minutes ago, Dominik_Szreder said:

Unfortunately we don't have dell outlets here in the UK, unless there is one in London as that popped up when I googled it. and there are people reporting to have issues with them, which I know with warranty they'll replace, however I don't want to be dealing with that.

Looks like there is a UK Dell Outlet site

http://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?brandId=7&c=uk&cs=ukdfh1&l=en&s=dfh&dgc=IR&cid=296386&lid=5667687

BUT not 9560 listed 

Yeah, not to scare you but a good amount of people had minor-large problems with their 9560 out of the box, however Dell seems good in dealing with them.  There are good dela of forums that cover the issues of screen flickering, stuttering, WIFI issues, battery bulging, to fit and finish problems 

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

43 minutes ago, Jrasero said:

Looks like there is a UK Dell Outlet site

http://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?brandId=7&c=uk&cs=ukdfh1&l=en&s=dfh&dgc=IR&cid=296386&lid=5667687

BUT not 9560 listed 

Yeah, not to scare you but a good amount of people had minor-large problems with their 9560 out of the box, however Dell seems good in dealing with them.  There are good dela of forums that cover the issues of screen flickering, stuttering, WIFI issues, battery bulging, to fit and finish problems 

oh yeah there is website, I thought you meant a physical store ahaha

but i didnt see that section.. hmm.. too bad there aint any XPS 15's :/