Microphone settings keep resetting

Maize

I have a USB microphone and it's really nice but Windows resets the volume settings to 100% for it when I start Teamspeak and it doesn't do so immediately but after about a minute or so of talking. I've already turned off the option that programs have exclusive control over the device but it keeps happening. Has anyone else had the same problem and knows how to deal with it?

21 minutes ago, Maize said:

I have a USB microphone and it's really nice but Windows resets the volume settings to 100% for it when I start Teamspeak and it doesn't do so immediately but after about a minute or so of talking. I've already turned off the option that programs have exclusive control over the device but it keeps happening. Has anyone else had the same problem and knows how to deal with it?

this happened to me last weekend when i was streaming and talking on TS. 

only noticed that something wasn't right AFTER i finished streaming and looked at a recording of the stream. the guys on TS could at least have told me that i come in way too loud and distorted.

in my case it was not a usb mic, i have my mic on a preamp wich is connected to the line level input on the mainboard.

don't know what caused it tho ... i set the volume back to 50% and it has not changed again yet but i will keep an eye on it.

go into Recording devices > advanced and uncheck 'allow applications exclusive control of this device'. What would happen for me is when i had 3 or 4 microhpones plugged in skype and discord would mess with my levels. That option means that no applications can change your levels, they will leave it on what you manually set it as

1 hour ago, CatsOnDrugs said:

go into Recording devices > advanced and uncheck 'allow applications exclusive control of this device'. What would happen for me is when i had 3 or 4 microhpones plugged in skype and discord would mess with my levels. That option means that no applications can change your levels, they will leave it on what you manually set it as

On 05/09/2017 at 1:57 PM, Maize said:

ahhhhhhh im an idiot. The only other thing i can think of is third party software like razer has, which can control your microphone settings too if those settings arent specifically turned off. Try that. if not, try teamspeak settings to do the same thing. What specific microphone do you own?