Eluktronics W650KK1 owners?

I would like to read some reviews from people that own the laptop mentioned above :)

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

it's based on the clevo reference design w650kk1, hence the name. 

nerd on a budget did a review:

and an upgrade video: 

Thanks!

GPU thermal management not that great as it only has 1 heatpipe, keep that in mind

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

9 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

GPU thermal management not that great as it only has 1 heatpipe, keep that in mind

True, but from what I've seen it's not that bad. Mostly around 80's and playing with the 90 every now and then when under heavy load.

7 hours ago, AimlessFlame said:

True, but from what I've seen it's not that bad. Mostly around 80's and playing with the 90 every now and then when under heavy load.

GPU will start throttling after reaching 82℃ (if not mistaken) and high temps will shorten the lifespan

For me above 75 is considered high

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

On 2/9/2017 at 9:07 PM, ZM Fong said:

GPU will start throttling after reaching 82℃ (if not mistaken) and high temps will shorten the lifespan

For me above 75 is considered high

I have never heard of gpu's throttling at 82°C, where did you get that info? gtx 1050 ti max temp is 97°C as stated on Nvidia's page

1 hour ago, AimlessFlame said:

I have never heard of gpu's throttling at 82°C, where did you get that info? gtx 1050 ti max temp is 97°C as stated on Nvidia's page

Pascal GPU will start throttle itself (reduce clock speed by little) after reaching a temp limit (still higher than base clock). It only throttles heavily when the temp is near or reaching the max 97℃

For example, the GTX 1080 FE will start throttle after reaching 83℃

Different cards have different throttle point

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Pascal GPU will start throttle itself (reduce clock speed by little) after reaching a temp limit

For example, the GTX 1080 FE will start throttle after reaching 83℃

Hmm I didn't knew that, but what can I do

45 minutes ago, AimlessFlame said:

Hmm I didn't knew that, but what can I do

Undervolt it by creating a custom voltage to frequency graph in MSI Afterburner

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Just now, ZM Fong said:

Undervolt it by creating a custom voltage to frequency graph in MSI Afterburner

Do you know of any well explained tutorial for it? I've been gaming on intel hd 3000 graphics since I got into pc gaming so I never had the need of using such programs, sad story i know :(

24 minutes ago, AimlessFlame said:

Do you know of any well explained tutorial for it? I've been gaming on intel hd 3000 graphics since I got into pc gaming so I never had the need of using such programs, sad story i know :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/6ejqja/psa_undervolting_your_gpu_can_give_you_a_free/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

(There are many tutorials online)

I've done it too, check my review of my own laptop

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Just now, ZM Fong said:

Thanks a lot!! It seems like a very good option but its still confusing to me lol I have 0 experience playing with those things so I guess I will have to do some research hehe. Once I buy the laptop I will most likely post a review like yours. Btw it will have an i5 7400, 2x4gb ram, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd, and 1050ti(duh). Oh and the thermal paste applied to cpu and gpu will be artic silver 5. If you have any other suggestions I'd like to hear them!

1 hour ago, AimlessFlame said:

Thanks a lot!! It seems like a very good option but its still confusing to me lol I have 0 experience playing with those things so I guess I will have to do some research hehe. Once I buy the laptop I will most likely post a review like yours. Btw it will have an i5 7400, 2x4gb ram, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd, and 1050ti(duh). Oh and the thermal paste applied to cpu and gpu will be artic silver 5. If you have any other suggestions I'd like to hear them!

I'd recommend the i7 and a bigger SSD
Aftermarket thermal paste not that important, the CPU isn't that hot

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

I'd recommend the i7 and a bigger SSD
Aftermarket thermal paste not that important, the CPU isn't that hot

Isn't the i7 too much for the 1050 ti? I think its better to alocate the money of the i7 to a better ssd as you said. The thermal paste isn't aftermarket, they just have the option and the "stock" one they use so I think it's better to play safe on thermal paste?

3 hours ago, AimlessFlame said:

Isn't the i7 too much for the 1050 ti? I think its better to alocate the money of the i7 to a better ssd as you said. The thermal paste isn't aftermarket, they just have the option and the "stock" one they use so I think it's better to play safe on thermal paste?

i5 isn't that future proof

Undervolting provides better temps, stock paste is enough

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

i5 isn't that future proof

Undervolting provides better temps, stock paste is enough

Nor the 1050 ti lol :( 

You sure? 

5 hours ago, AimlessFlame said:

Nor the 1050 ti lol :( 

You sure? 

1050TI is still okay

Yes

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

1050TI is still okay

Yes

Alright, I'll order it today and hopefully it all ends up well, thank you very much for all the help! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering about this laptop the eluktronics or the clever one, done enybody now a way I can buy one and get it ship to Australia.

On 16/9/2017 at 5:27 AM, Flynn Walsh said:

Just wondering about this laptop the eluktronics or the clever one, done enybody now a way I can buy one and get it ship to Australia.

Perhaps there is a company that has a warehouse in the US and then ships it to australia? That is what I do when I buy stuff online because I live in Honduras. It may void your warranty tho!

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this thread is still alive but if someone can answer my question that would be amazing!!! Anyways, I own this laptop and I love it! thermals on it are pretty low for my standards coming from an R9 390X user. My temps hit around 60c for overwatch and other titles really don't increase much unless I am playing games like the Witcher. I need to upgrade this processor which is the G4600. I am wondering if it will be better for me to buy the 7700t instead of the 7700 non K. I know its slightly more powerful than the 7700HQ which is a laptop processor. But since the 7700t has a lower TDP (25-35w) than the G4600 (51w) will it give me better cooling in my system overall? Will I also see a huge difference in terms of frames in games also (between the 7700t and 7700HQ)? Will there be a difference in battery life? If any of you guys are still around and can answer this question please do!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 12:38 AM, 9sora said:

I don't know if this thread is still alive but if someone can answer my question that would be amazing!!! Anyways, I own this laptop and I love it! thermals on it are pretty low for my standards coming from an R9 390X user. My temps hit around 60c for overwatch and other titles really don't increase much unless I am playing games like the Witcher. I need to upgrade this processor which is the G4600. I am wondering if it will be better for me to buy the 7700t instead of the 7700 non K. I know its slightly more powerful than the 7700HQ which is a laptop processor. But since the 7700t has a lower TDP (25-35w) than the G4600 (51w) will it give me better cooling in my system overall? Will I also see a huge difference in terms of frames in games also (between the 7700t and 7700HQ)? Will there be a difference in battery life? If any of you guys are still around and can answer this question please do!

Their hardware support is incredibly limited, so I really don't know if the 7700t would even work.  It would definitely save battery like crazy, and the cooling for the cpu in this laptop is actually pretty decent.  I mean, if you can get your hands on a 7700t that's totally returnable if it doesn't end up working, go for it!  If it does end up working, let us know.  :P  The biggest snag is the lack of support.  It specifically says that these laptops use 65W TDP cpus....  But anything under?  Who knows..