Getting DOS'd via steam.

xjohnny3589

Long story short, someone is DOSing me on steam whenever he joins my game (motivates unknown), and it's getting frickin annoying. I've scoured the Internet on tips, guides, etc how to prevent/stop it for countless hours, if anyone knows any tips or anything to prevent or stop the attacks the would be amazing.

Discription of the attack: He goes into my game, steam and all Internet connection applications lose connenction.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Change Ip or get a Vpn

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Tried hotspotshield free, that didn't work. Neither was changing my IP, followed everything on this guide: http://whatismyipaddress.com/change-ip/.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Block the person doing it.

on steam?

Call your ISP and tell them you want it changed and explain the situation. They will probably help out. 

Call your ISP and tell them you want it changed and explain the situation. They will probably help out. 

Alot of ISP ares pretty much assholes about this. My friend that streams alot would get DOSS alot during stream and had to change his ip every few weeks and after the fourth time they stoped doing it and making it unusable to play online games for awhile

You can try and go into your router settings and do a mac address clone. That should work usually.

You can try and go into your router settings and do a mac address clone. That should work usually.

Lol, why would that work. Please explain.

If he keeps joining you on steam and finding your IP, then changing it wont help. Blocking him is a good start.

If you have a dynamic IP, every time the router is restarted the IP will change. You could purchase a VPN.

Lol, why would that work. Please explain.

If he keeps joining you on steam and finding your IP, then changing it wont help. Blocking him is a good start.

When you clone you mac address the DHCP server from your ISP will record your mac address and assign an IP. If you clone your mac address the DHCP server will show that there is a different device that is connecting and assign it a different IP. 

Yes that is correct blocking him would be a good place to start but if he still has your IP then it would still need to be changed. 

When you clone you mac address the DHCP server from your ISP will record your mac address and assign an IP. If you clone your mac address the DHCP server will show that there is a different device that is connecting and assign it a different IP. 

Yes that is correct blocking him would be a good place to start but if he still has your IP then it would still need to be changed. 

Well sure, only if they auth entirely on MAC. If they auth by PPP or VLAN IDs, then you're pretty restricted.