BIOS ID check error

Ok, im getting a bit frustrated now...

Hi,

I Have built my new pc 2 months ago and have been getting blue/red screens, i have found a solution and that is to update the bios. I have a Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 with F2 version of bios, i tried to update to F8 but got the error: BIOS ID check error, so i tried F7 and ended with the same result, I have formatted my flash drive to FAT32, I have checked if it is the right board, I have downloaded from the official Gigabyte website and have searched everywhere for an answer. Can anyone help me? Thank you all in advance.

PC specs: 

CPU: R5 1600

GPU: RX 580

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666

SSD: Samsung 850 evo 250 GB 

HDD: Toshiba 2TB 7200rpm

MOBO: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3

7 minutes ago, Jimp1x said:

Hi,

I Have built my new pc 2 months ago and have been getting blue/red screens, i have found a solution and that is to update the bios. I have a Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 with F2 version of bios, i tried to update to F8 but got the error: BIOS ID check error, so i tried F7 and ended with the same result, I have formatted my flash drive to FAT32, I have checked if it is the right board, I have downloaded from the official Gigabyte website and have searched everywhere for an answer. Can anyone help me? Thank you all in advance.

PC specs: 

If you have Overclocked your CPU then try doing default settings on BIOS. Probably this should solve it...

54 minutes ago, Jimp1x said:

Hi,

PC specs: 

try no OC when installing a windows

That's the warning the BIOS makes when it identifies that the BIOS file doesn't match the motherboard version.  It's protecting itself from a user who has chosen an incompatible file.

You are almost certainly using a BIOS file from the wrong model of motherboard, likely one with a very, very, very similar name.  If I were you, I'd quadruple check that you have the right file.

1. 44 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

That's the warning the BIOS makes when it identifies that the BIOS file doesn't match the motherboard version.  It's protecting itself from a user who has chosen an incompatible file.

You are almost certainly using a BIOS file from the wrong model of motherboard, likely one with a very, very, very similar name.  If I were you, I'd quadruple check that you have the right file.

Yeah, you were right, I was downloading the wrong bios update, cheers dude :)

• 3 years later...
On 8/29/2017 at 12:04 PM, AshleyAshes said:

Yep, I was using the wrong file🤣😭