Having Issues With 5G Connection, Found Problem But Need Solution

Ramontes

My ISP is Comcast and I am paying for 200 mbps. Normally even on wifi my 5g speeds mark 220~ Mbps on Ookla and Xfinity test right now I am getting 60 mbps. Now It says I have both 2.4g and 5g Active Here, and that I am currently connected to the 5g network here. However according to the GUI my current connection is 2.4 as shown here .

My router is the Asus RT AC1750, My Modem is the Arris Surfboard I cant remember the model but i know it is capable of the full speeds as i have had the full speeds working before.

In the Spoiler I have included things I have tried/Ruled Out

Spoiler

I know Wifi should lower speeds but in my situation that is not as severe downstairs i used to recieve a consistent 215 mbps and upstairs in my room i get around 190. Being Wired to the router outputs the same speeds but its connecting directly to the 2.4 speeds for some reason. The router is not failing, I warrantied it today and recieved a new one, and i am still getting the same issues.This router did work for me temporarily in the past With no issues I used to have the TP Link1750. I have updated the firmware of the router and updated my pc's wifi drivers. All my hardware is capable of recieving high speed internet and my software is up to date. I have properly Reset both my router and modem. I have also double checked to make sure everything is properly plugged in.

DISCLAIMER:I know 60mbps is fast enough for most people however I have payed for equipment to handle faster speeds and am paying for those speeds therefore I should be receiving those speeds

To Conclude according to my Router's GUI my router is outputting both 5g and 2.4g frequencies But it is also saying that the 5g network i am connected to is actually 2.4G. I do not know how to resolve this issue but at least I found it.Unless i misunderstood the setup with the gui i dont know where else to look. Thanks to anyone who can help with some advice.

1 hour ago, Ramontes said:

Update: Apparently the router has a light showing which frequencies are active the 2.4g is a flat blue light no flashing and 5g is flashing but like that super fast flash that should mean its on like the broadband connection.

My thought is you got interference. If its not structural, or distance, most likely its some wireless signal on the same channel. Have you checked the airwaves with WiFi analyzer? Have you just tried changing 5Ghz wireless channel for shits and giggles?

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

17 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

My thought is you got interference. If its not structural, or distance, most likely its some wireless signal on the same channel. Have you checked the airwaves with WiFi analyzer? Have you just tried changing 5Ghz wireless channel for shits and giggles?

No ive noticed slower download speeds for a while about 3 months or so but i never took the time to look into it as it was supposedly it was working after a technichian came over after i had trouble with the same problem but i had 0 clue what was going on so i assumed it was the isp. 5G worked fine on the tp link router and ive always used it for my devices however since i got this asus router ive had nothing but issues wish blows my mind as its pretty much the same router as before just a different brand

10 hours ago, Ramontes said:

also what is wifi analyzer im assuming its a program of some sort.

Its an Android App that allows you to see all wireless routers on 2.4 and 5 Ghz in your given area. It shows which WiFi channels are free or less congested. It can also show you signal strength of your wireless based on where you are in your house. Its very useful. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.