Xbox controller for PC recommendation

Leot

I'm trying to replace my current ps3 controller to a Xbox controller but I don't know whether I should get the 360 controllers or the new Xbox One controller or maybe even the more premium controller like the Xbox one S controller if it's worth the money. My budget is 30 to 60AUD$ but willing to go above it if the controller is good enough thanks 

This might interest you:

https://scufgaming.com/

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

a ps4 controller then you can use it wireless without  buying an adapter 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

1 minute ago, Vernw3 said:

a ps4 controller then you can use it wireless without  buying an adapter 

Xbox One S controllers can be used wirelessly with bluetooth as well. 

IMO, 360 is the best controller ever made and work amazingly but has to be wired or get an adapter for wireless. 

The Xbox One controller is a great controller but its larger than the 360 controller so if you have somewhat small hands it's not for you. 

One S controller is the same as the default one but has a more grippy texture and has bluetooth so if you have a bluetooth enabled PC you won't need an adapter for wireless unless you don't use Windows 10.

PS4, to use in steam games you will need to download the beta steam version as the beta version are the only ones that support the DS4 controller, any other games you will need the DStool for windows thing which I'm sure you've already used because of your PS3 controller. 

Theres the Logitech PC controller which works exactly like a console controller but it's made more like a PlayStation controller so just don't need any extra software to use it so this could be a good option if you like the PS3 controller. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

3 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

is it work with any bluetooth or is it MS proprietary?

It will work with Bluetooth 4.1? I may be wrong but I know for sure you have to have at least bluetooth 4.0 and windows 10 for a Xbox One S controller to work with wirelessly with your PC. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

53 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

IMO, 360 is the best controller ever made and work amazingly but has to be wired or get an adapter for wireless. 

The Xbox One controller is a great controller but its larger than the 360 controller so if you have somewhat small hands it's not for you. 

One S controller is the same as the default one but has a more grippy texture and has bluetooth so if you have a bluetooth enabled PC you won't need an adapter for wireless unless you don't use Windows 10.

PS4, to use in steam games you will need to download the beta steam version as the beta version are the only ones that support the DS4 controller, any other games you will need the DStool for windows thing which I'm sure you've already used because of your PS3 controller. 

Theres the Logitech PC controller which works exactly like a console controller but it's made more like a PlayStation controller so just don't need any extra software to use it so this could be a good option if you like the PS3 controller. 

ok, my OS is windows 10 and I just wanted a plug and play controller so One S seems to be the best controller for me