Should I do this?

Leonitus454
Go to solution Solved by EthanCoow,
2 minutes ago, Leonitus454 said:

I have the Plextor M8Pe AIC 512GB NVMe drive and I was looking at it and noticed that it was basically an M.2 drive put on a PCIe adapter card. I was wondering, instead of selling this and buying a new M.2 drive, could I just unscrew the M.2 drive from the "adapter card" (voiding the warrant, but IDC) and then putting the M.2 drive in its place on my motherboard or would it not function properly (not enough power, something else)?

That adapter card is just an adapter, the slot on the motherboard is the exact same thing as on the adapter card (same power, same pci-e lanes), and it should not void the warranty at all I believe.

I have the Plextor M8Pe AIC 512GB NVMe drive and I was looking at it and noticed that it was basically an M.2 drive put on a PCIe adapter card. I was wondering, instead of selling this and buying a new M.2 drive, could I just unscrew the M.2 drive from the "adapter card" (voiding the warrant, but IDC) and then putting the M.2 drive in its place on my motherboard or would it not function properly (not enough power, something else)?

2 minutes ago, Leonitus454 said:

That adapter card is just an adapter, the slot on the motherboard is the exact same thing as on the adapter card (same power, same pci-e lanes), and it should not void the warranty at all I believe.

22 hours ago, EthanCoow said:

Great to hear that it should work, the warranty for the AIC will be voided there is a sticker over the screw.

Thank you, the M.2 drive is working as you said it would! now I don't have to spend more money!