USB C Diagram help

EunSoo
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

Wikipedia has a handy table

But the tl;dr version is V_DC+ goes to V_BUS and V_DC- goes to GND. Any of them.

Hello! So I am working on hooking up a USB C connector to a Razer Blackwidow and I am trying to figure out how exactly I need to wire it. For reference here is the USB C diagram, I am looking at:

1a8942db46927fa09a196fdf11fd104b.png

So I found a post that said which wires were what so I have found the VDC+, VDC- , Data +, and Data -. I have figured out that I need to connect my Data + and Data - to both D+ and D- spots respectively. But I haven't figured out what to do with the VDC+ and VDC-. Any help on that? Thanks

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

Wikipedia has a handy table

But the tl;dr version is V_DC+ goes to V_BUS and V_DC- goes to GND. Any of them.

ok thanks a ton. So I only need to connect one of the V_BUS and one of the GND but I still need to connect both of the D- and D+ right?

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

ok thanks a ton. So I only need to connect one of the V_BUS and one of the GND but I still need to connect both of the D- and D+ right?

Yes. Though use one side only as a precaution since I'm not sure if double sided USB 2.0 would work or if you need to do anything special to get it to work.