Low fps and scores with 1080ti

moidave
1 hour ago, moidave said:

Thanks. I feel dumb for not knowing! 

By the way, I noticed that on MSI afterburner, I can't change the power limit (no slider) but I can do it on the EVGA utility. Any reason for that?

To my knowledge MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision are just reskins of one another, it's likely there's just an option somewhere you haven't ticked in Afterburner.

8 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

To my knowledge MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision are just reskins of one another, it's likely there's just an option somewhere you haven't ticked in Afterburner.

I checked on the web first, went to the options and even changed a file indise the program to get the voltage control, the slider of which was there but greyed out at first. Even if I ticked the power limit in the settings, it doesn't  come up. It is weird since it is a msi card after all. 

21 hours ago, moidave said:

Thanks for confirming. I am not too keen on changing my mono and cpu, as I am scared of doing something wrong when I set it up physically. However don't you think that at 4k some games will make good use of the extra cpu speed (300mhz) and extra threads? It is a bit scary but if I can get a few fps, it may be worth it.

Very rarely perhaps.  For example in Rise of the Tomb Raider there was one area of the game where I ran at 30-40 FPS instead of 40-50 FPS because of the CPU.  

But most games I play that are truly demanding at 4K like Mass Effect andromeda, Mirrors Edge catalyst, Deux Ex mankind divided, hitman, Prey etc etc I don't really think there's a noticeable difference from the CPU side of things.  Since you already have a 1080 Ti I would say focus on getting the monitor first, and then maybe start saving up for a CPU/mobo.  If you buy at a local shop they'll usually install the CPU/memory for you for free I think, which means you just have to worry about plugging it all in.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti