Case fans what should I choose

Callum costa

Hi I'm looking to rebuild my system have settled on the fractal define c. I will be using a 360 AIO on the front and possibly only using rear exhaust fan. My idea is that I am looking to run my pc almost 24/7 (I have my reasons) however it will be moving from it's remote location to my bedroom at somepoint and eventually  possibly into my livongroom. So noise is a major factor for me as well as heat removal. I am looking to fit SP on the radiator (front) and airflow on rear. My question is I'm looking at corsair SP120 are there any cheaper/more reasonable fans. Also would buying something different and running more of them (push+pull) for instance at much lower RPM be an option. Have seen that using "speed fan" as a power speed control software is good so think that might be what i use there. Thanks guys 

My favorite fans are the Noctua NF-F12s.  They are high quality, and work extremely well but you pay for that.  

The SP120s are good fans as well, however I personally didn't care for them (after having Noctuas).  

5 minutes ago, Ganz said:

My favorite fans are the Noctua NF-F12s.  They are high quality, and work extremely well but you pay for that.  

The SP120s are good fans as well, however I personally didn't care for them (after having Noctuas).  

I Did have a look at them but as you say theres a premium price tag for that. 

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Keep in mind, having more exhaust fans than intake fans will bring more dust into your system so make sure to clean it every 3-4 weeks.

If you have the money, you should get three 'Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000' (not 2000) and put them on your radiator. They have an insane static pressure which is what you want for radiators.

Bang for your buck, I'd say Corsair SP or AF depending on the application. Just for chassis, I'd say AF. Radiator or heat sink, SP.

What about Enermax twister pressure fans? Their good and you can get them at a reasonable price.

On 8/25/2017 at 8:49 PM, Veerz said:

Keep in mind, having more exhaust fans than intake fans will bring more dust into your system so make sure to clean it every 3-4 weeks.

If you have the money, you should get three 'Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000' (not 2000) and put them on your radiator. They have an insane static pressure which is what you want for radiators.

I'm intending to front mount the radiator in a fractal define c so more intake than exhaust. I will be looking at reducing noise too hence the change in fans. I have had a look at sp120 for radiator and intend to setup speed fan as a controller. But they are quite dear for 3 but not as dear as the noctua fans I don't mind spending a reasonable amount to reduce noise and give good airflow at positive pressure but it seems there isn't a good video for reviewing leading brands. Just different types sp/af so I'm at a loss as there's so many choices. 

On 8/27/2017 at 5:07 AM, Tech Learner said:

What about Enermax twister pressure fans? Their good and you can get them at a reasonable price.

I have looked at these but on Amazon they seem to be more expensive than the corsair. 

On 8/26/2017 at 1:32 AM, Seanzky said:

Bang for your buck, I'd say Corsair SP or AF depending on the application. Just for chassis, I'd say AF. Radiator or heat sink, SP.

Yup that seems to be what I'm leaning to but due to being new to water cooling fans seem to be more important there than air cooled so not having much knowledge on these other than corsair sp fans I was hoping to hear other people's preferences on noise and performance and go from there