How much power

TorubledC

Currently I have a 450w running a FX 8320, I want to get a GTX 1060 and was wondering if thats enough power to run the card? 

yea you'll probably be fine.

which model psu do you have?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Dont worry 450 is fine. Also what gpu do you have now and what psu.  and also would like to add that you should probably add if you are buying a new gpu you should get a rx580 8g when the mining craze comes down then it will cost just as much if not less as a 1060 6g. But if you are planning on getting a 1060 id reccomend a 6g variant because the 3g is just simply not worth it for 20 less dollar. It has less cuda cores as well.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Also would like to say the reason i asked for what gpu you have is because it might be worth to get a ryzen upgrade with a 50 dollar b350 motherboard and the ryzen 1200. The reason i asked for your psu is because if its off brand then it might be worth it to get something thats 20-40 dollars and safer. People had their mobo and cpu get destroyed by faulty 8 year old psus when they put in new parts into an old system.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

7 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

Dont worry 450 is fine. Also what gpu do you have now and what psu.  and also would like to add that you should probably add if you are buying a new gpu you should get a rx580 8g when the mining craze comes down then it will cost just as much if not less as a 1060 6g. But if you are planning on getting a 1060 id reccomend a 6g variant because the 3g is just simply not worth it for 20 less dollar. It has less cuda cores as well.

Hey thanks, but I dont exactly want a ryzen upgrade, if im going for that I want to go all out and pend like 1500. So thats not happening anytime soon  

6 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

Also would like to say the reason i asked for what gpu you have is because it might be worth to get a ryzen upgrade with a 50 dollar b350 motherboard and the ryzen 1200. The reason i asked for your psu is because if its off brand then it might be worth it to get something thats 20-40 dollars and safer. People had their mobo and cpu get destroyed by faulty 8 year old psus when they put in new parts into an old system.

Ohh and dont worry about my power supply (its a Rosewill ARC) 

15 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

yea you'll probably be fine.

which model psu do you have?

Rosewill ARC 450

Just now, TorubledC said:

Ohh and dont worry about my power supply (its a Rosewill ARC) 

Good to know just dont want you to break your expensive gpu.

My Rig

Peripherals

Just now, Vandorlot said:

Good to know just dont want you to break your expensive gpu.

Dude me too XD. Ive been resurching for like a week and then I remembered this form which led me to the card in the first place. Sooooo yea its been fun, and thanks for the concern :D 

3 minutes ago, TorubledC said:

Rosewill ARC 450

i dont know a lot about that particular psu, so i dont know if its safe

check out the psu tier list for suggestions on maybe a better one (not required, but worth considering)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

check out the psu tier list for suggestions on maybe a better one (not required, but worth considering)

They arent the greatest psus because looking at reveiws they are pretty reliable.

My Rig

Peripherals

Just now, Vandorlot said:

They arent the greatest psus because looking at reveiws they are pretty reliable.

Yea, I trust it. But its not going to be my first choice when building a new pc. 

4 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

Ive had it for w while with no problems, and I haven't found any huge mistakes online so i trust it