WiFi is my issue

Go to solution Solved by m0k,

I personally use a Netgear R7000 in my home (small home) but i love their Netgear UI and detailed settings, you can set priorities for devices through the QOS menus

HOWEVER

since you say you have a large home (i also dont know your budget) people seem to really like their "mesh" wifi product

give it a look

So i've been ignoring this issue since my parents had gotten WiFi "x" many years ago, and I'm pretty decent with computers and everything, but never really got into networking. So here's my two problems. I need a Cheap, but super effective way of having wifi around my house, and when i have it around my house, a way to limit how much of it one person can use at a time. I have the local "Italian Mobsters" internet service company called AT&T U-Verse, and well they suck, I can't even change the modem... I don't really have to worry about wifi on my main desktop because I'm connect via Cord. I don't have a router because every time I use a router it dies out and doesn't work half the time or doesn't work with certain devices, I do have a Netgear Wifi Extender upstairs though, but that doesn't always work either. So what do you reccomend. Give me reliable router amazon links/ extender links. Because I would like to have internet around my house that people can use and doesn't all get hogged by one person.

I personally use a Netgear R7000 in my home (small home) but i love their Netgear UI and detailed settings, you can set priorities for devices through the QOS menus

HOWEVER

since you say you have a large home (i also dont know your budget) people seem to really like their "mesh" wifi product

give it a look

Photography / Finance / Gaming

9 minutes ago, mok said:

HOWEVER

give it a look

Well that was super useful. Like the video answered question I didn't even ask too... like my modem is in the basement around a ton of bricks, and a single SSID would be nice. THANKS!

9 minutes ago, KingRexatron said:

Well that was super useful. Like the video answered question I didn't even ask too... like my modem is in the basement around a ton of bricks, and a single SSID would be nice. THANKS!

theres a bunch of other "mesh wifi" products available so do you research to see if they have better reviews or not

also these can be quite pricey - but your paying for the convenience i guess so it should be worth it

Photography / Finance / Gaming