Rx 580 Problem

VerVistas

So I'm having problems with my rx 580 armor for the last 2 or 3 months because of the heat and noise it produces. I've ordered a accelero IV and I was thinking on changing the cooler. 

But after undervolting the card (not sure if I did it properly) and activating the amd chill feature the noise and heat dropped down a bit. Now I don't know what to do. If I keep the cooler or change it and void the warranty. Also why does the gpu usage never past 16 while gaming?

What do you guys think of the undervolt?

Sem Título.png

DDU and reinstall drivers

How hot is it under load

My life

I did that recently because the card was in rma and I had another on so I had to unistall old drivers and install the new ones. 

With chill on it reaches 70, with it of it's from 70 to 80 degrees.

With chill of in current config It reaches 82c on furmark benchmark and it trottles a bit.

6 minutes ago, VerVistas said:

With chill of in current config It reaches 82c on furmark benchmark and it trottles a bit.

Furmark is an unrealistically HOT stress test. My fury just wont go over 76c in ANY game, but if I open furmark I hit 80c and throttle 100mhz or so. 

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

I will test it on valley with stock setting to see. 

Well on valley bench, in high quality with aa in x2, for the stock setting it reaches arround 72c but it's really loud, and it trottles a bit. 

If I change the max temp on wattman to 85, and put the max fan target to 2000rpm it's quieter but it reaches 80c.

I kept the fan target and undervolt the 2 final stages to 1000mv, and still it reaches arround 76-78c after a few minutes. It's allways on 1366mhz tough. Is it normal to have allways 16% gpu usage?

I did all testes for about 3-5 minutes.

What a piece of shit.. seriously.

My Fury is a 300 watt card and i never break 70c even with low fan speed pushing more volts and an OC.

I had to add music in my video's because you can hear nothing in the background but a quiet airflow sound.. and i'm running an x58 system with a MASSIVE OC.

MAD-BOX Ryzen 1600X - ASRock X370 Killer SLI - Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO+  -Fried it... RIP

Xeon e5640 4.35ghz, CoolerMaster Seidon 240V, ASUS P6X58D-E, DDR3 8GB 1636mhz CL9, Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+, 2x Stone age storage @ 7200RPM, Crucial 960GB SSD, NZXT S340, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution, Steelseries RIVAL, Mechanical Metal keyboard, Boogie Bug Aimb mouse pad.

Furmark isn't a realistic test because the AMD driver detects it's running and downclocks the card. 80C isn't very hot, just let it run hotter if the sound is bothering you, just keep it under 90C and you should be golden.

Well the accelero extreme IV arrives tomorow so.. I think i'll go for it. And never buy a armor again lol.