Aftermarket thermal paste

Techicolors

i'm currently using the arctic silver 5 thermal paste for my evga 1070. then i saw tom's hardware's amaze-balls thermal paste throwdown and found the thermal grizzly kyronaut is a good 6-7c cooler than the arctic silver 5

Spoiler

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9YL0gvNjk4NDUzL29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA4LnBuZw==

would it be a good idea to buy some thermal grizzly kyronaut and try it on my 1070? 

Kryonaut is awesome and the best of the traditional pastes although if you feel up to using Liquid Metal I would try Conductonaut as that's even better (although the difference between the two when they're used on desktop parts is much less than if you're using them on laptops).

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

20 minutes ago, Amaranth said:

Kryonaut is awesome and the best of the traditional pastes although if you feel up to using Liquid Metal I would try Conductonaut as that's even better (although the difference between the two when they're used on desktop parts is much less than if you're using them on laptops).

i'm worried about using liquid metal because the GPU die is bare, so i might short it out 

3 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i'm worried about using liquid metal because the GPU die is bare, so i might short it out 

Use some Super 33+ Electrical Tape, or something equivalent, to protect the components around the die.

Examples by iUnlock of LiquidHz:

IMG_0708.JPG.94c21d0211ca07c29405f03025c906bb.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG.1c0492ad3d2ed321f2bc0d74090a299a.JPG

Although Kryonaut is still very good if you don't want to try Liquid Metal, personally I mostly use traditional paste although some of my machines do have Conductonaut.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM