Ryzen 3 Review - The new 1080p Budget King (Multiple games tested)

1 minute ago, spat55 said:

Nah it's fine been running it like this for some time now, the RAM only gets lukewarm. If I put more in then I'd consider it too high. 1.75v would be my max, I want to upgrade anyway :D

Oh I am not saying it wouldn't run. Its just like the difference for example between OC DDR4 at 2933 vs 3200 in performance would be like 1-3% performance difference, but you might have to go from 1.36v to 1.7v to get it stable, and for the power draw the performance gain just isn't worth it, at least to me. Thats why I have my Ryzen 1700x OC to 3.8 (and some change) not 3.9 or 4.0. To get it stable at even 3.9 I was going up 1.45v or .1000 volts over recommended "safe Voltage" and temps under load with water where mid - high 70's. Like I said diminishing returns.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

21 hours ago, Thinkfreely said:

Oh I am not saying it wouldn't run. Its just like the difference for example between OC DDR4 at 2933 vs 3200 in performance would be like 1-3% performance difference, but you might have to go from 1.36v to 1.7v to get it stable, and for the power draw the performance gain just isn't worth it, at least to me. Thats why I have my Ryzen 1700x OC to 3.8 (and some change) not 3.9 or 4.0. To get it stable at even 3.9 I was going up 1.45v or .1000 volts over recommended "safe Voltage" and temps under load with water where mid - high 70's. Like I said diminishing returns.

Originally I didn't think it would change much but I got a decent 10%+ improvement in lowest FPS with BF1 when I overclocked it from 1600mhz to 1866mhz, I remember back when I built my rig everyone was saying RAM speeds didn't matter for gaming. Killing the RAM from voltage doesn't matter too much as DDR3 is rather cheap, what does matter is if I end up killing the IMC, which is why my voltage through that is low.

Also another thing I forgot to say is my sticks have lifetime warranty so if it does die hopefully I'll get it covered.

1 hour ago, spat55 said:

Originally I didn't think it would change much but I got a decent 10%+ improvement in lowest FPS with BF1 when I overclocked it from 1600mhz to 1866mhz, I remember back when I built my rig everyone was saying RAM speeds didn't matter for gaming. Killing the RAM from voltage doesn't matter too much as DDR3 is rather cheap, what does matter is if I end up killing the IMC, which is why my voltage through that is low.

Also another thing I forgot to say is my sticks have lifetime warranty so if it does die hopefully I'll get it covered.

Oh for sure going from 1600 to 1866. I am just saying when you start overclocking ram above 3000 on DDR4.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/