antimalware?

Go to solution Solved by Akolyte,

Yeah, generally antivirus isn't recommended for servers.  Immunet is a good free antivirus for Windows Server because it's light and generally stable. 

My personal advice would be to run a sheduled scan with Malwarebytes every day at a time when the server isn't being highly used.  

Whats the best configuration and antimalware for a windows 2012 R2 server?

I was thinking of using Superantispyware and/or malwarebytes , also I'm using Symantec Endpoint Protection suite for antivirus solution

I am planning to use the anti malware software as a on-demand solution and endpoint protection as a real-time solution

While MalwareBytes is good, it's not meant to run on servers. ESET is enterprise grade made to work on Windows Server. It runs about $60 a year for one install. https://www.eset.com/us/business/server-antivirus/

"Who's to say that my light is better than your darkness? Who's to say death is better than your darkness? Who am I to say?” - Daniel Keyes

i3-6100/GTX 750 Ti/8GB DDR4 | M1 Macbook Pro 13 16GB RAM/256GB Storage | Steam

Yeah, generally antivirus isn't recommended for servers.  Immunet is a good free antivirus for Windows Server because it's light and generally stable. 

My personal advice would be to run a sheduled scan with Malwarebytes every day at a time when the server isn't being highly used.