So I have a computer that sit at home doing nothing...

Would there be a way for me to lend my processing power to make money while I'm at school or not playing on it, without busting my internet and having to run it 24/7?

Not looking to make billions just some cash because my computer bugs out when it goes to sleep so it stays open for hours doing nothing mostly.

It's an i5-2500k/gtx570/8GB will upgrade to a 770 soon and keep the 570 in.

have you considered bitcoin mining?

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Litecoin Mining.

Or, if you don't need the money, go join the Folding@Home team.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Go for Litecoin. PCs can easily mine them pr donate your rig for Folding.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Wouldn't even be worth it on that hardware.

i agree litecoin would be better for that

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Litecoin Mining.

Or, if you don't need the money, go join the Folding@Home team.

Go for Litecoin. PCs can easily mine them pr donate your rig for Folding.

GTX 570

Wouldn't even be worth it on that hardware.

^

You can do folding at home, no money involved, but you can feel good about yourself.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Yes but I don't think it will give me the millions of $/month the calculator was giving me.

Is it worth it because from what I've seen online it wouldn't be.

I found CPUsage but seem they change direction not long ago.

GTX 570

^

You can do folding at home, no money involved, but you can feel good about yourself.

Oh yeah. NVIDIA doesn't like people making money...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I fell bad for wasting the electricity, that's the reason in the first place, I might do it but I'd like to make some money because uni.

Since it's a 570, folding is really the only thing you can do.

How much Bitcoin/Litecoin could I make in say 100 hours with my computer just for the giggle.

How much Bitcoin/Litecoin could I make in say 100 hours with my computer just for the giggle.

Running 24/7 Assumed 500W power consumption.

LTC: Approx $64 per month

http://ltc.kattare.com/calc.php

BTC: Approx $-42 per month, yes negative

http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

Nvidia cards are terribad for mining.

Would there be a way for me to lend my processing power to make money while I'm at school or not playing on it, without busting my internet and having to run it 24/7?

Not looking to make billions just some cash because my computer bugs out when it goes to sleep so it stays open for hours doing nothing mostly.

You could just turn it off. Is it really that horrible to wait for your computer to start up when you get home? you won't make a lot of money with mining anyways. 

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

You could just turn it off. Is it really that horrible to wait for your computer to start up when you get home? you won't make a lot of money with mining anyways.

I could but I prefer to keep it open to have access to files over internet and the like.

Also not looking to make the most money I can just something but not a few cent per day.

There really not a version of F@H that pay user?

I could but I prefer to keep it open to have access to files over internet and the like.

Also not looking to make the most money I can just something but not a few cent per day.

There really not a version of F@H that pay user?

For that to be the case there would have to be someone who A] needs the work doing and B] has the money to pay you (and it be worth it to them compared with buying their own computing hardware). Stuff like Litecoin and Bitcoin establish both of these factors by building a network which people need to work on for transactions to complete, and paying said people with something to make these transactions with.

F@H and SETI are different. They need/want the work doing but it would cheaper to buy their own computers to do it than it would be to pay the users for it.

upgrade to 7970 and mine

you'll spend more money on energy bills

do something for the world community :)

FOLDING@HOME :D

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

do you live in the dorms? if so go for it if you are not paying electricity.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

What about CureCoin, then? :)

If this work like I think it does: WHERE DO I SIGN UP!!!

It's a combination of F@H and mining correct?