[SOLVED] Ryzen gaming rig BSOD, need help troubleshooting

hickory
Go to solution Solved by hickory,

Just to Update:

One of the sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 was faulty.  It became very clear as more time went on, as it constantly produced more and more memory errors in isolation from the other stick using the same DIMM slot in the motherboard.

I have started the RMA process for a new kit. 

I built a gaming computer in mid April and it has been working great until a couple of weeks ago.  Components are:

Ryzen 5 1600

ASUS Prime B350 Plus

Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 2x8GB

CX650M power supply

I know get various memory related BSOD errors in Windows 10, a mix of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_ERROR, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, etc.

It happens very often now almost every time the computer is doing anything more then internet browsing.  Prime95 Blend tests can usually get it to fail the prime95 test then BSOD within an hour. Memtest86 has yet to fail.

Have done entirely new Win10 install to hopefully rule out any odd driver issue.

I am willing to RMA things, I just can't come to a conclusion on how to narrow it down more from the DDR4, Motherboard, CPU, or Power Supply.

I appreciate any suggestions!

9 hours ago, hickory said:

I built a gaming computer in mid April and it has been working great until a couple of weeks ago.  Components are:

Ryzen 5 1600

ASUS Prime B350 Plus

Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 2x8GB

CX650M power supply

I know get various memory related BSOD errors in Windows 10, a mix of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_ERROR, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, etc.

It happens very often now almost every time the computer is doing anything more then internet browsing.  Prime95 Blend tests can usually get it to fail the prime95 test then BSOD within an hour. Memtest86 has yet to fail.

Have done entirely new Win10 install to hopefully rule out any odd driver issue.

I am willing to RMA things, I just can't come to a conclusion on how to narrow it down more from the DDR4, Motherboard, CPU, or Power Supply.

I appreciate any suggestions!

No overclocks and RAM at 2133Mhz?

Have you also got the latest bios?

It's not a race to the bottom.

5 hours ago, 0x1e said:

No overclocks and RAM at 2133Mhz?

Have you also got the latest bios?

Originally started happening at my overclock I've had for months, 3.8 GHz on ryzen 5, 2993 XMP profile on DDR4.

Pulled both back to stock, 3.2 GHz CPU and 2133 DDR4, same crashes.

Yes, latest bios. Reverted back to an older one to test this issue, then put the 0813 0805 latest bios back on.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to Update:

One of the sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 was faulty.  It became very clear as more time went on, as it constantly produced more and more memory errors in isolation from the other stick using the same DIMM slot in the motherboard.

I have started the RMA process for a new kit.