What HDMI cable is best for my PC - TV setup?

FureNoX
7 hours ago, FureNoX said:

No problem :) But as you expected? What do you mean? I don't have the most optimal solution? Do i need a DP adapter? :o 

It's using YCbCr 4:2:0 which is a low color mode, to reduce bandwidth since the GTX 780 only supports HDMI 1.4 which doesn't have enough bandwidth for 4K 60 Hz at full color (YCbCr 4:4:4).

You would need a DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter for that, though the TV may not support full color at 4K anyway, some don't.

Hm okey, I see. Well. Will it still work if I use the HDMI 2.0 with an DP adapter? Cause I traded the HDMI 1.4 for an 2.0. I'm sure I could just return the adapter also, if i don't get full color at 4k on my tv.

15 minutes ago, FureNoX said:

Hm okey, I see. Well. Will it still work if I use the HDMI 2.0 with an DP adapter? Cause I traded the HDMI 1.4 for an 2.0. I'm sure I could just return the adapter also, if i don't get full color at 4k on my tv.

Using a DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter should allow you to use full color.

If i get this correct, I get a DP adapter, plug it into the PC, then run the HDMI 2.0 to the TV and into one of the HDMI inputs? :)

4 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Yes

Well thanks alot! I will be sure to try that and see if I get full color! :) Anything particular I should look for? ycbr 4.4.4 ?

9 minutes ago, FureNoX said:

Well thanks alot! I will be sure to try that and see if I get full color! :) Anything particular I should look for? ycbr 4.4.4 ?

RGB or YCbCr 4:4:4 are the two full color modes. RGB is preferable as that's the native pixel format for computers. A lot of TVs when they detect RGB format will automatically turn off a lot of image processing crap that can interfere with computers displaying properly.