CPU 100% while gaming?

Hi guys!

When i'm playing BF4 my CPU usage is almost 100%.. 

I'm playing BF4 since the release but never had this problem 

CPU is in sig. 

What could be the problem?

Thanks! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Its just taking advantage of your six cores. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Its just taking advantage of your six cores. 

But i get low FPS.. so that's not really an advantage. And why now and not earlier? I didn't download a patch that could cause this

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

But i get low FPS.. so that's not really an advantage. And why now and not earlier? I didn't download a patch that could cause this

You get low FPS probably because your 270X can't handle the game at the settings you're trying to play at.

You get low FPS probably because your 270X can't handle the game at the settings you're trying to play at.

I could just fine on medium with 70 fps.. but not now

Yeah I wouldn't say your cpu being utilized is a problem it's designed for that as long as you don't have any heating issues I wouldn't worry too much about it. Not sure why it's doing that now instead of earlier unless origin patched it without you knowing like steam

Yeah I wouldn't say your cpu being utilized is a problem it's designed for that as long as you don't have any heating issues I wouldn't worry too much about it. Not sure why it's doing that now instead of earlier unless origin patched it without you knowing like steam

Heat just fine it isn't getting warmer than 35*C but the low fps is bothering me, allot! 

Heat just fine it isn't getting warmer than 35*C but the low fps is bothering me, allot! 

35C? WHAT? Is that thing water cooled?

35C? WHAT? Is that thing water cooled?

Nope, Just a giant cooler ;) 

So did you get better fps before?

Yes around 70 and now 30 or 20

Does it normally run at 35C, that seems awfully low even considering the cooler you have.   

Does it normally run at 35C, that seems awfully low even considering the cooler you have.   

Jup when i'm doing nothing it is 14*C

That's interesting have you tried running it in windowed mode and pulling up task manager to see what programs are using the cpu and how much?

That's interesting have you tried running it in windowed mode and pulling up task manager to see what programs are using the cpu and how much?

I had Task Manager running on my second monitor (I know fancy right :P  ) And only Chrome and Spotify where the aplications i had opened as usual

Hmm so is this just happening during battlefield 4? And have you looked on the battlefield 4 forums to see if other users have ran into this problem?

I had Task Manager running on my second monitor (I know fancy right :P  ) And only Chrome and Spotify where the aplications i had opened as usual

i would say overclock it more if its so cool.........., but then i saw what your motherboard was.  :(

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

i would say overclock it more if its so cool.........., but then i saw what your motherboard was.  :(

Haha i'm kind of a very bog noob when i comes to overclocking so even if i would have a good OC mobo i don't think i would do it.. Why is my mobo back for OC'ing btw?

Haha i'm kind of a very bog noob when i comes to overclocking so even if i would have a good OC mobo i don't think i would do it.. Why is my mobo back for OC'ing btw?

asrock am3+ boards tend to have rubbish vrm's, so when you start putting the voltages up they throttle your cpu, even if its not getting hot. you could still see if it will do 4.2-4.4ghz though.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016