Upgrading to windows 10?

Hey guys, I was hoping you could give me some help.

I want to upgrade someone's pc to Windows 10 (using the free accessibility upgrade) but there's one problem, The drive in the system is some weird ~180GB disk, but it was fragmented in a 60GB and 120GB part. Windows 7 is on the 60GB part but it's filling up real bad, is there any way to merge the drives together and put windows 8 on the complete 180GB or is there a way where I can put in a new 1 or 2TB HDD without me having the product key for windows 7?

7 minutes ago, Roan_Smeets said:

Hey guys, I was hoping you could give me some help.

I want to upgrade someone's pc to Windows 10 (using the free accessibility upgrade) but there's one problem, The drive in the system is some weird ~180GB disk, but it was fragmented in a 60GB and 120GB part. Windows 7 is on the 60GB part but it's filling up real bad, is there any way to merge the drives together and put windows 8 on the complete 180GB or is there a way where I can put in a new 1 or 2TB HDD without me having the product key for windows 7?

If you're going to add another driver anyway, I would just do a clean windows 10 install on that one.

I don't think its possible to merge the 60GB and 120GB partitions without formatting them.

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Lemmens said:

If you're going to add another driver anyway, I would just do a clean windows 10 install on that one.

I don't think its possible to merge the 60GB and 120GB partitions without formatting them.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but if I completely copy the drive to another one, how do I go from there, because it won't be a C:\ anymore 

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Lemmens said:

Ya you are going to lose one or the other because you will have to remove the partition 

2 minutes ago, Zonther said:

Ya you are going to lose one or the other because you will have to remove the partition 

Good point!

@OP you can delete the 120GB partition and then extend the 60GB partition to 180GB. This way, you'll only lose data on one of them and maintain the win 7 install.

On 07/08/2017 at 0:58 PM, Jonathan Lemmens said:

Good point!

@OP you can delete the 120GB partition and then extend the 60GB partition to 180GB. This way, you'll only lose data on one of them and maintain the win 7 install.

If that works I'm going to be pleased :)