Not sure which part is not working..

4M4D3U5

When I switch on my PC the fans start spinning, the lights switch on, but there is no post beep or display on the screen, I'm not sure whether its the cpu, mobo, or gpu thats not working, could anyone help?

See if there's a display on your motherboard itself (not your monitor) which gives you BIOS codes. Those codes should be listed in your motherboard's manual. Those codes might help you debug.

If there's no codes, try removing unnecessary parts like your GPU and even your storage drives. See what component is keeping it from posting.

Here's an article from Tom's Hardware which I think is a good guide for debugging a system that won't post:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Try taking out the ram and trying every slot one by one after every time of trying to post.

If you need help on used parts, contact me. I'm an used enthusiast.

Open the spoiler to see some cool stuff!

Spoiler

My old/new tech Collection!

CPUs (11)

Intel Pentium III @ 733Mhz (Oldest of the Bunch)

Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8Ghz (2002)

Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.0Ghz (2003)

AMD Sempron 64 2800+ @ 1.6Ghz (2004, Aug)

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.2Ghz (2004, Jun)

2X Intel Xeon X5355 @ 2.66Ghz (2006, Q4)

Intel Pentium E2140 @ 1.6Ghz (2007, Q2)

Intel Xeon E5630 @ 2.53Ghz (2010, Q1)

Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3Ghz (2008, Q1) (In use, @ 3.61Ghz)

Intel Pentium E6500 @ 2.93Ghz (2008, Q1)

GPUs (6)

Palit GeForce 6800 GS (Should be working, AGP 8X)

Club 3D GTS 450 (Working, PCI-e 16x)

Sapphire Radeon X800GTO (Working, PCI-e 16x)

Nvidia GeForce 4 (Last time worked, AGP 4X)

Nvidia GeForce FX (No idea, AGP 4X)

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 OC (Semi-dead, PCI-e 16x)

Ram (1)

No idea of the brand or Socket (Whopping 16 Mb memory)

Cables (1)

CrossFire X Cable

55 minutes ago, 4M4D3U5 said:

When I switch on my PC the fans start spinning, the lights switch on, but there is no post beep or display on the screen, I'm not sure whether its the cpu, mobo, or gpu thats not working, could anyone help?

11 minutes ago, PartyWire said:

Try taking out the ram and trying every slot one by one after every time of trying to post.

If you manage to go to windows after doing this, download memtest and use it to test your ram sticks.

The problem could also be related to bad PSU power delivery. It is usually common for 4-pins CPU power connectors from "integrated" (Sold with the case) PSU.

25 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

If you manage to go to windows after doing this, download memtest and use it to test your ram sticks.

The problem could also be related to bad PSU power delivery. It is usually common for 4-pins CPU power connectors from "integrated" (Sold with the case) PSU.

I think it may be the PSU, I have a fan controller, and the its connected to the PSU with a molex connector and the fans connected to the fan controller do not spin, does this make it more likely to be an issue with the PSU?

1 hour ago, 4M4D3U5 said:

I think it may be the PSU, I have a fan controller, and the its connected to the PSU with a molex connector and the fans connected to the fan controller do not spin, does this make it more likely to be an issue with the PSU?

Sort of, but it's hard to determinate a PSU issue. First, check the ram.

However, if it is an old or cheap unit, I'd point to that.