Low OC temps

agello24

Has anyone found a good air cooler that can keep a ryzen 5 @ 3.7 in the high 50's? the hyper 212 aint cutting it. im getting temps around 65. i was looking at the 5 and 6 copper pipe air coolers. i have yet to see anyone test any of them on the ryzen family of chips.

65 is absolutely fine. why do you want cooler temps?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Maybe if you got some monstrosity like the V8 GTS; however, at that price point get an AIO.

5 minutes ago, agello24 said:

Has anyone found a good air cooler that can keep a ryzen 5 @ 3.7 in the high 50's? the hyper 212 aint cutting it. im getting temps around 65. i was looking at the 5 and 6 copper pipe air coolers. i have yet to see anyone test any of them on the ryzen family of chips.

I use the Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4.  I have my Ryzen 5 1600 clocked at 3.8 at 1.35v.  My temperature reaches 61c with Aida64 and 63c in Prime95.  Ambient temperature is 24c.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

7 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

I agree, 65c is perfectly fine.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

Your temps will be higher ion the summer cause the temperature is higher in the summer.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

9 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

im used to my oc fx 8310 being at 57 on full load. im still old school and temps in the 60's were bios  warning temps. 

7 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Maybe if you got some monstrosity like the V8 GTS; however, at that price point get an AIO.

that got beat by a silverstone ar06 i think.

1 minute ago, agello24 said:

im used to my oc fx 8310 being at 57 on full load. im still old school and temps in the 60's were bios  warning temps. 

CPUs these days can go up to 100c without dying, but realistically anything over 85-90c is uncomfortably high.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

Your temps will be higher ion the summer cause the temperature is higher in the summer.

all the fans i have on it, made me forget about it being summer. thats a good reminder, also i forgot that i use DVD fab that uses ALL the cores and threads at full load.

20 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

V8 GTS isn't much better than Dark Rock 3 and costs almost twice as much. So bad choice if one wants more cooling power. D15 and likes would be way to go.

20 hours ago, agello24 said:

FX series have much different thermal limits where 65C would be max (I believe). I've seen Ryzen chips going for almost Intel's temp readings during review stress tests under OC. So you can't compare them just like that. I think you are pretty much at air coolings limit atm. You can go somewhat lower with good dual tower and bit more with custom loop. But honestly not worth it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv