excel data gone

Earthida

We work in company which, makes different products. Many colleagues in my department use MS Excel 2016. One of them got a problem with excel file. His data was gone from excel sheet. I don't know how to help her. She is pretty. Men, need your help.

lol "she is pretty." perhaps she forgot to save the file before closing it?

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

that better not be her in the picture

1 hour ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

lol "she is pretty." perhaps she forgot to save the file before closing it?

Was it turned on? Was it plugged in?

1 hour ago, Earthida said:

We work in company which, makes different products. Many colleagues in my department use MS Excel 2016. One of them got a problem with excel file. His data was gone from excel sheet. I don't know how to help her. She is pretty. Men, need your help.

Im confused, Broken english is bad enough but once you start mixing pronouns you might as well post it on Tumblr.

On 03.08.2017 at 6:32 PM, Earthida said:

Dude, in case nothing helps you, I mean guide or tutorials, articles and so on, then I would advise recover corrupted excel file

This one forum is about MS Excel, read this theme, probably you'll find something helpful - http://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/1079312-excel-corrupt-file.html

Techrepublic article is also can give you ways for resolving: https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-ways-to-recover-a-corrupted-excel-workbook/

Alternatively apply steps below...

1. Rename the file and remove the .xlsx or .xls extention etc e.g. if my file is called test.xlsx I remove the '.xlsx' - you will get a warning message saying this could make the document unstable - accept it

2. The document icon should now have turned white (the document won't look like an excel document anymore)

3. Open a blank excel document by hitting start -> all programs -> Microsoft office -> excel (this may be different if you’re not on windows 7)

4. In your blank excel document hit file -> open

5. Navigate to the document you renamed above and select it, now click open

6. It should now open the document

• 3 years later...
On 8/5/2017 at 5:23 AM, MaxGruber said:

Dude, in case nothing helps you, I mean guide or tutorials, articles and so on, then I would advise recover corrupted excel file

This one forum is about MS Excel, read this theme, probably you'll find something helpful - http://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/1079312-excel-corrupt-file.html

Techrepublic article is also can give you ways for resolving: https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-ways-to-recover-a-corrupted-excel-workbook/

Alternatively apply steps below...

1. Rename the file and remove the .xlsx or .xls extention etc e.g. if my file is called test.xlsx I remove the '.xlsx' - you will get a warning message saying this could make the document unstable - accept it

2. The document icon should now have turned white (the document won't look like an excel document anymore)

3. Open a blank excel document by hitting start -> all programs -> Microsoft office -> excel (this may be different if you’re not on windows 7)

4. In your blank excel document hit file -> open

5. Navigate to the document you renamed above and select it, now click open

6. It should now open the document

I have tried the software which you have mentioned above but, it won't work. Then I tried different Excel repair software and it worked for me.