Good IEM's for $250

spwath

Hey, I'm looking for some nice IEM's for under $250.

I want them to isolate as well as possible.

Also want them to be relatively durable, with removable cable.

I like a sound signature like the TH-X00 or HD650, pretty neutral, with a slight boost to the bass. No excessive highs like grados.

Any thoughts?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I personally love the sennheiser ie80's, and a used pair of them cost me like $80 on eBay. Headphones that originally ran for $350, and they're on eBay used in very nice condition (I had to buy a new cable for mine but that was like $8) for around $100. If you don't want to go that route Sennheiser in general has the sound signature your looking for from my experience. Check out the iem list in the headphone sub-forum to see what they suggest for your price point. 

1 minute ago, Rekcut722 said:

I personally love the sennheiser ie80's, and a used pair of them cost me like $80 on eBay. Headphones that originally ran for $350, and they're on eBay used in very nice condition (I had to buy a new cable for mine but that was like $8) for around $100. If you don't want to go that route Sennheiser in general has the sound signature your looking for from my experience. Check out the iem list in the headphone sub-forum to see what they suggest for your price point. 

I checked the list (in fact I helped make the headphone section of the list), but not much there for IEMs. Ill look into the IE80's.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 minutes ago, spwath said:

I checked the list (in fact I helped make the headphone section of the list), but not much there for IEMs. Ill look into the IE80's.

Quick update: just checked eBay to see if they still had the ie80's used, and there weren't any under $100, but there is a brand new pair for $220 on there. 

Just now, Rekcut722 said:

Quick update: just checked eBay to see if they still had the ie80's used, and there weren't any under $100, but there is a brand new pair for $220 on there. 

amazon brand new is 204$

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-IE80-Headphone/dp/B005N8W27I

Be careful with IE80s from anywhere. It's amazingly easy to get fakes of those, even through pretty legit sellers. The fakes are just that good. 

For $250, you could probably find a used pair of Shure SE535, if you don't mind going the used route. They're an excellent pair of IEMs. (Though, I personally prefer the cheaper SE425 in just about every metric.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

20 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Be careful with IE80s from anywhere. It's amazingly easy to get fakes of those, even through pretty legit sellers. The fakes are just that good. 

For $250, you could probably find a used pair of Shure SE535, if you don't mind going the used route. They're an excellent pair of IEMs. (Though, I personally prefer the cheaper SE425 in just about every metric.)

You got me wondering now, since I have a pair that I bought used, if they're legit or fake. Is there any way to tell? They sound great so it doesn't really matter to me, but still, you made me curious. 

On 8/3/2017 at 4:22 PM, Rekcut722 said:

You got me wondering now, since I have a pair that I bought used, if they're legit or fake. Is there any way to tell? They sound great so it doesn't really matter to me, but still, you made me curious. 

The box should have a holographic sticker on it with a code you can use to verify their authenticity. Beyond that, there isn't really any easy way to tell.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

On 8/3/2017 at 9:48 AM, KaminKevCrew said:

Hi Kev, 

May i ask about 1more triple drivers? i've read good things about it, but haven't got the chance to listen to them myself. Maybe it could be a consideration for op?

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Just now, nicobombai said:

Hi Kev, 

May i ask about 1more triple drivers? i've read good things about it, but haven't got the chance to listen to them myself. Maybe it could be a consideration for op?

I've never tried them - I've never heard anything bad about them though. I kind of stopped buying headphones last November, as I bought gear that I was (and still am) entirely happy with.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Just now, nicobombai said:

Hi Kev, 

From what ive gathered from my no research, just what Ive thought, they are probably just more cheap(ish) chi-fi. I have not heard any opinions from actual audio people.

Talking with more audio people, ill either get B Stock Campfire Orions, or ATH-LS200

1 minute ago, spwath said:

From what ive gathered from my no research, just what Ive thought, they are probably just more cheap(ish) chi-fi. I have not heard any opinions from actual audio people.

Talking with more audio people, ill either get B Stock Campfire Orions, or ATH-LS200

That is also very true. Only Chi-Fi stuff I would really back is Audio-gd stuff, but that's mainly because I've actually listened to some of their gear before and it was pretty epic.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

12 minutes ago, spwath said:

10 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

That is also very true. Only Chi-Fi stuff I would really back is Audio-gd stuff, but that's mainly because I've actually listened to some of their gear before and it was pretty epic.

But but but its a USA brand lol xD

https://usa.1more.com/products/triple-driver-in-ear-headphones

One of my friend recommended these cos i liked my th-x00 sound sig, maybe i will give them a shot later on...

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.