New headset

joeydutchman

Hi,

Yesterday I saw a good offer on massdrop for a Sennheiser PC37x.

Link

I currently have the HyperX Cloud II. Would it be worth it upgrading to the Sennheiser from my cloud 2?

Any help is appreciated.

Its a nice headset but it wont be much of an improvement over what you have the cloud 2s from what iv read have pretty good sound quality.

If you want some true audio quality look into getting a DAC (Digital to analog converter) with a built in headphone amplifier.

I went with a FX-Audio Dac x-6 and I have two pairs of headphones Sennheiser HD558 open back and XPT 100 Closed back for when its loud in my apartment.

I use the XPT's with a USB microphone in my keyboard when i'm gaming and the Sennheiser's usually for listening to music but they are great for gaming as well if its not to loud around you or there's nobody that will be pissed off by the bleeding audio because of the open back design. 

Here's links to reviews of my stuff by Z-Reviews on YouTube his recommendations are spot on and worth taking a look at before buying any audio equipment.

Let me know if you have any questions ! Good luck.

http://www.nvx.com/xpt100-studio-over-ear-headphones/  

https://www.amazon.com/FX-Audio-Optical-Coaxial-Amplifier/dp/B01HERNVFM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1492884298&sr=1-1&keywords=fx+audio+dac-x6&linkCode=sl1&tag=zeos-20&linkId=d258eeeeb8b06ac255fd78bc955fde84

That setup above would be about 130-150 USD and will open your world up to things you haven't heard before in your music, games etc