Inter Office File Server Setup Advise?

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if the community can help me have some idea on how to setup the file server that we need to implement on our office.

I apologise if I don't sound knowledgeable but any feedback is appreciated.

here's the scenario

3 locations A , B and C

I would like to have a main server on Location A  there should be 2 internet available for this location Fibre and NBN

what is the best setup scenario to utilise the 2 internet connection for Location A so it can be shared on Location B and C?

is there a setup that you can advise? this is for a small office and I'm not sure if they already have a dedicated file server their using. . . I think they are using a computer that's connected to a network and is sharing using windows sharing setup. they are sharing to location B and C using Hamachi. I know there should be a better setup than this patch up system. . .

At first a VPN between the offices, then domain trusts, if using windows file services and restrictions, then create network shares and connect them. 

Only problem regarding this, as soon as the internet is dead in office A, B and C won't be able to access the files.

If there are already small servers in the offices, I would create shares on them and use the local servers for files. And from Location A only the files, all should use from A. 

So there are many options how to proceed. To chose the best solution, all infos are needed to consider a solution.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

^ Thanks for the feedback

Yeah those are some that needs to be considered. . .

I am also considering the outage of internet in case . . . I guess I just based on best case scenario where internet is up 100% of the time which is not ideal.

to make it simple lets remove location C for now since that's only for expansion.

any quick guide how to setup connection between this 2 office so they can sync in files from a main server (this can be a desktop? office A only have like 6 users and Office B about 4-5 users) maybe we can add another Desktop that will act as a server for Office B then just use a software to sync Office A and B servers?

I presume you're from Australia calling it NBN? ;)

Anywho, are you running a Domain? If so you'll want VPN between your branches - and you could look at something like Windows Server with DFS?

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

haha yeah mate the office is in Au. kangaroos come out of the hiding. . .

yeah that's also one thing I think is a must if we should run a solid server it should run a proper Server OS rather than a regular win 10 pro. . .

I think what I need is simple I'm just making it complicated hahaha. . .

honestly the issue started when win 10 decided to not be seen on the network by other computers but the server can see them.