Does this counter G-SYNC?

leelaa14
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
5 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

In nvidia control panel the preferred refresh rate option, I always set to highest available. But I've been thinking, if gsync is just the monitor changing it's refresh rate to match the framerate, won't setting refresh rate to highest available just peg it at 144hz and therefore not allow gsync to work properly?

It will be ignored if you have G-Sync enabled

In nvidia control panel the preferred refresh rate option, I always set to highest available. But I've been thinking, if gsync is just the monitor changing it's refresh rate to match the framerate, won't setting refresh rate to highest available just peg it at 144hz and therefore not allow gsync to work properly?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

5 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

Thanks.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000