Ryzen build for a Linux PC

g el

I've been trying to get back into PC building for a while with constant delays, but I believe this is really the time again, so I put together a list https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/TR9qzM of what I think i need. I adjusted the pricing to what I find in Austria since PC part picker would have selected German sellers.

I am not new to building PCs but I haven't actually built a full system since 2004.

I would like to know if parts I chose would have any issues working together, or if you think there are better  options out there

I went with Ryzen for the cores, the 1700 because I think that is the most reasonable option for the price, I am wondering if I should get it an external cooler though for overclocking or if the included cooler is enough.

I went with with the ASUS x370 because it seems to have been tested for VGA passthrough, which I would like to eventually do in a year or so

the 2x16GB ram instead of 4x8 is so that I have an option to upgrade to 64GB later. 

The RX560 would do fine i guess for my workload, i don't plan to game much on the system. Just some older titles probably, the only game I'm not sure about is Civ6 but I don't see why it would be a problem. I prefer to avoid NVIDIA due to the lack of wayland support and some of their policies regarding linux / agressive attitude towards virtualization but I am willing to consider their options if they offer significantly better options.

I will be running some sort of Virtualization technology on the PC often, probably either KVM or XEN

My other tasks would be software development, typically in Java  but occasionally also in C, so loads of compiling. I might also be spawning a lot of docker instances or other servers to test things.

I didn't pick the hardware on any noise criteria, but it would be nice if the PC was relatively low noise if I keep it on at night. I like the case I chose but I don't know much about it or other options in terms of noise, any other recommendations there?

Below is the list of parts just copied on for convenience

Thanks for your help

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  (€310.08 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€146.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€284.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€227.00) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 560 4GB PULSE Video Card  (€144.00) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Titanium) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€93.30 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€75.00) 
Total: €1281.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-30 18:08 CEST+0200

That's looking really nice, honestly, for what you need, you don't need anything more, possibly a HDD though.

55 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

That's looking really nice, honestly, for what you need, you don't need anything more, possibly a HDD though.

Thanks for your reply, I might eventually add an HDD if I find my  space running out, or simply start adding some SSDs. I found over the past year that I have no more use cases for HDDs in a PC I switched the HDDs on my laptops with SSDs and got enclosures for them but never actually plugged them in. But for the use case of this new PC it might make sense. Or I might end up building a NAS