Fan Configuration

Wobulali

I have 3 fans right now an intake in the front, exhaust in rear and top. With 3 fans would it make sense to have rear and front intake and top fan exhaust? Would this be effective?

i prefer 2 intakes and one exhaust

with 2 exhausts youre promoting air to be sucked in through other small gaps which may not have a dust filter and cause dust build up

with 2 intakes youre promoting air to go out of other small gaps meaning there should be less dust build up overall

Just now, ImNotThere said:

i prefer 2 intakes and one exhaust

with 2 exhausts youre promoting air to be sucked in through other small gaps which may not have a dust filter and cause dust build up

with 2 intakes youre promoting air to go out of other small gaps meaning there should be less dust build up overall

So should i do 2 intakes in front? or intake in back and front and then exhaust on top?

2 minutes ago, Wobulali said:

So should i do 2 intakes in front? or intake in back and front and then exhaust on top?

Depends if you have front dust filters. if you have a front dust filter, then definitely 2 in the front one in the rear. if you have no filters, then it probably won't make much difference, but to encourage directional airflow for the benefit of your components, two fans intake in the lowest front part of your case and one exhaust on the rear (or top) would be most ideal.

Just now, Zyndo said:

Depends if you have front dust filters. if you have a front dust filter, then definitely 2 in the front one in the rear. if you have no filters, then it probably won't make much difference, but to encourage directional airflow for the benefit of your components, two fans intake in the lowest front part of your case and one exhaust on the rear (or top) would be most ideal.

ok with two in front one in back, where should i put the radiator on back or front?

17 minutes ago, Wobulali said:

ok with two in front one in back, where should i put the radiator on back or front?

well that changes things... what is your radiator? AIO? single 120? 240? what case? what GPU (blower or open air)?

5 hours ago, Zyndo said:

well that changes things... what is your radiator? AIO? single 120? 240? what case? what GPU (blower or open air)?

single 120 gpu is open air

case has two fan slots on top, two on front, and 1 in the back

4 hours ago, Wobulali said:

single 120 gpu is open air

case has two fan slots on top, two on front, and 1 in the back

well the typical configuration is to exhaust through your AIO, but it doesn't really matter all that much as you're making a tradeoff either way. If you use your AIO as an intake, it will cool your CPU slightly better, but will also slightly heat up other components in your case. if you use it as an exhaust, it will cool your CPU slightly worse (since its using the warmer air in your case for its cooling) but it will slightly lower the temperature of everything else in your case (compared to when it was used as an intake).