Necromancer 1080

Insomniax

Hey guys. I'm in the process of buying or building a custom PC. so far I'm pretty set on the ASUS VG248QE 24in Widescreen 144Hz 3D Monitor and im looking at buying the https://www.pccasegear.com/products/39696/pccg-necromancer-1080-gaming-system (necromancer 1080 custom PC) but since I'm new I don't want to get sucked into what looks pretty and waste more money than I need to even though i absolutely love the look of this PC. is this PC generally a worth while buy? keeping in mind I am living in Australia so prices vary with US Hardware.

4 minutes ago, Insomniax said:

Hey guys. I'm in the process of buying or building a custom PC. so far I'm pretty set on the ASUS VG248QE 24in Widescreen 144Hz 3D Monitor and im looking at buying the https://www.pccasegear.com/products/39696/pccg-necromancer-1080-gaming-system (necromancer 1080 custom PC) but since I'm new I don't want to get sucked into what looks pretty and waste more money than I need to even though i absolutely love the look of this PC. is this PC generally a worth while buy? keeping in mind I am living in Australia so prices vary with US Hardware.

its about 1000 dollars more expensive then if you did it yourself. though if you like it and you have the cash to burn you do you

it is 3099 AUD though. is that still valid?

Just now, Insomniax said:

Heya, remember to quote or we wont get notifications!

If you want to reply to someone, do it via the small arrow under each comment :)

Just now, Insomniax said:

yeah i'm going off australian prices like its what most places charge for high end builds like this its a about 2000 in hardware then 1000 in dumb stuff and labour

Just now, MVPernula said:

Heya, remember to quote or we wont get notifications!

If you want to reply to someone, do it via the small arrow under each comment :)

yeah i just figured that out hahaha

3 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

yeah i'm going off australian prices like its what most places charge for high end builds like this its a about 2000 in hardware then 1000 in dumb stuff and labour

what would u suggest

Same system but without useless add-ons.
You can add LED's and stuff later :)

AU prices as well, so you saved 400$ for basically the same PC!

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/fFM9m8

Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/fFM9m8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($469.00 @ Shopping Express)

CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($239.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($319.00 @ IJK)

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($199.00 @ IJK)

Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($135.00 @ Shopping Express)

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($63.00 @ Shopping Express)

Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card  ($879.00 @ Scorptec)

Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.00 @ IJK)

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.00 @ Umart)

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($128.00 @ Shopping Express)

Total: $2729.00

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-28 16:56 AEST+1000

4 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/fFM9m8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($469.00 @ Shopping Express)

CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($239.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Motherboard: Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($319.00 @ IJK)

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($199.00 @ IJK)

Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($135.00 @ Shopping Express)

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($63.00 @ Shopping Express)

Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card  ($879.00 @ Scorptec)

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.00 @ Umart)

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($128.00 @ Shopping Express)

Ive heard iffy things about shopping express. is that a valid fear to have

10 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

also i see a few differences from the original build such as smaller space and ssd. are they necessary changes or?

also i dont know if im coming off rude in anyway and i don't mean too haha just an eager learner

24 minutes ago, Insomniax said:

also i see a few differences from the original build such as smaller space and ssd. are they necessary changes or?

also i dont know if im coming off rude in anyway and i don't mean too haha just an eager learner

That's totally fine!

If you want to I can make it a 500GB SSD, I just wanted to make it a bit cheaper.

500GB SSD has its benefits, it allows you to fit an OS and more games than 250GB will.

I lowered it to 1TB since it's enough, and if you would run out for some reason adding another HDD is cheap later on!

And on the PCP build I sent you the "builder" automatically chooses the cheapest price/stores avaliable, you can use 'my' build but chose yourself where to buy them from!

Prices may vary of course :)

3 hours ago, MVPernula said:

That's totally fine!

If you want to I can make it a 500GB SSD, I just wanted to make it a bit cheaper.

500GB SSD has its benefits, it allows you to fit an OS and more games than 250GB will.

I lowered it to 1TB since it's enough, and if you would run out for some reason adding another HDD is cheap later on!

And on the PCP build I sent you the "builder" automatically chooses the cheapest price/stores avaliable, you can use 'my' build but chose yourself where to buy them from!

Prices may vary of course :)

what made you choose that power supply rather than the cheaper one that was originally listed btw. just curious. :P 

1 minute ago, Insomniax said:

what made you choose that power supply rather than the cheaper one that was originally listed btw. just curious. :P 

The 'Pure Power 10' in the build you originally posted isn't bad, Tier 3 to be specific.

But with the parts you have, which are 100% enthusiast grade, I feel like you should have an enthusiast grade PSU.

I'm not saying that a Tier 3 PSU will fry your parts, but safety first! Especially when on this kind of budget. :)

The EVGA G2 lineup is Tier 1, great PSU's! Have one myself. :P
Read about which PSU is good/bad here:

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

The 'Pure Power 10' in the build you originally posted isn't bad, Tier 3 to be specific.

But with the parts you have, which are 100% enthusiast grade, I feel like you should have an enthusiast grade PSU.

I'm not saying that a Tier 3 PSU will fry your parts, but safety first! Especially when on this kind of budget. :)

i read a few reviews on pcpartpickers. they said great things only issue is the size. its not too big is it? haha

5 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

i also realized that all these are going to have shipping costs so that will bring it back up to the 3000 mark... fudge

7 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Insomniax/saved/yHgkLk 

this is what iv done to it so far. i kinda down graded the memory just because i really wanted the RGB and i didnt want to buy more of them coz well there not cheap haha

10 minutes ago, Insomniax said:

i read a few reviews on pcpartpickers. they said great things only issue is the size. its not too big is it? haha

Sounds really strange, it is standard sized! And fully modular, so you can pick the exact cables you need.

If anything that makes it take LESS space.

5 minutes ago, Insomniax said:

i also realized that all these are going to have shipping costs so that will bring it back up to the 3000 mark... fudge

Shipping costs are supposed to be counted within the build.
"Total: $2729.00

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available"

3 minutes ago, Insomniax said:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Insomniax/saved/yHgkLk 

this is what iv done to it so far. i kinda down graded the memory just because i really wanted the RGB and i didnt want to buy more of them coz well there not cheap haha

Looks good to me! Will look super sexy in your chassi :)

30 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Sounds really strange, it is standard sized! And fully modular, so you can pick the exact cables you need.

I really appreciate all your help in the matter. I probably have all the info that i need now. but if i ever have any queries may i add you to a list of some sort

31 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

I guess following you will do haha :P

3 minutes ago, Insomniax said:

I really appreciate all your help in the matter. I probably have all the info that i need now. but if i ever have any queries may i add you to a list of some sort

2 minutes ago, Insomniax said:

I guess following you will do haha :P

Yeah feel free to follow me! I'm on here somewhat regularly! :)

Never cheap out on the PSU, it's the most important part in the PC

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell